This is a whirlwind tour of the most basic of basics for working with electronics.
We will learn:
* How to think of voltage and amperage (you can't see it... sometimes you feel it! what is it?)
* Ohm's Law and resistors. Yes it is math. It is easy math, just bring a calculator and/or smartphone.
* Kirkhoff's Voltage Law. If you break this simple law, your fine is paid in burned out components. It turns out it is easy to learn how to avoid that.
* Capacitors. How they work and why they are your friends.
* Inductors. A little more tricky, and a few tips to help use them. Bring your Motors!
* Power - Or - Why is my circuit board so hot?
There will be an opportunity to do small, simple circuits to demonstrate Ohms Law and capacitors and such. If you want to, bring your bread-boards, your jumper wires, your resistors and capacitors and a battery pack and such to run your experiments with. The beauty of doing that at our meetup is that when something doesn't work, there are many around who can help you.
See you Saturday!