This is a meetup for those that want to learn more about micro-controllers, embedded systems, Arduino's and how to build and program them. We have monthly meetings where members can come together to show their creations, work on their projects and get help from other members.
Kids are welcome and encouraged to attend. We also hold classes on the basics, such as soldering, electronic parts identification, and building kits from AdaFruit, SparkFun, and MakerShed.
The goals are to:
- Meet other local Makers
- Share ideas, skills, and local resources
- Create collaborations between engineers, tinkerers, makers, artists, etc.
- Get projects ready for Maker Faire, Burning Man and similar events
- Create projects around the Arduino micro-controller
- Get opinions or advice on project execution