Location: UT's Knoxville campus--Alumni building-Dance studio room 209.
This workshop is for all taiji NUTs—sign up quickly as spaces are limited 8:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Mountain Stream T'ai Chi Ch'uan Association is excited and proud to present the 16th Annual Grandmaster William C.C. Chen's "Body Mechanics" Workshop. Grandmaster Chen, a top exponent of his teacher Cheng Man-Ching, will teach to the beginners’ level as well as the seasoned taiji player. Grandmaster Chen will also be discussing many of his concepts about taiji. Grandmaster Chen will discuss the articles he has written: Tai Chi Fighting Techniques; William Chen on Breathing; The Root and the 3-Nails; Dynamics of the Inner Thigh; Using Fingers in Tai Chi is a Work of Art.
In the past he has talked about and demonstrated the use of some of these concepts and how they are used in the activation process. I’m sure he will be talking about this information and more. Have your questions ready regarding taiji no matter what form you practice. Look for a day of fun, seeing old friends and meeting new ones and of course learning more about Taiji body mechanics.
17th William C.C. Chen Workshop-Knoxville, TN Workshop Schedule (May be modified by Grandmaster Chen)
Workshop Cost and Information
- 8:00 A.M. - 8:30 A.M.----Registration & Participant Check in
- 8:30 A.M. - 9:20 A.M. ----Taiji Form Application or Modification
- 9:30 A.M. -10:20 A.M.- Taiji Form Application or Modification
- 10:30 A.M. - 11:20 A.M. - Push Hands
- 11:20 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.--- Lunch with Grandmaster Chen
- 1:00 P.M. - 1:50 P.M.--- Taiji Form Application or Modification
- 2:00 P.M. - 2:50 P.M.----Sword Form
- 2:50 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.-----Say goodbye to old and new friends
Call Sifu Larry for information and cost if interested.
Be sure to mention that you are a tai chi nut and where you heard about this workshop so you can get the discounted rate [masked]-cell or my office at UT...[masked] leave message for me to call you back if no answer.