(1) The venue has been updated. To minimize the cost, we are going back to a local Korean cafe in Koreatown. Thank you for your understanding my effort to keep the classes free of charge.
(2) Unfortunately we will not have separate workshops happening concurrently. However, since this is all about practice, everyone up to low and mid-intermediate should find it comfortable. See below for schedule.
It's time to resume our monthly workshop for the year 2013!
How is a Workshop different from the "Intensive" we've been having?
For those who are not familiar with "workshops":
While "intensive" is focused on delivering information in an intensive manner (duh), workshop is focused on application of the knowledge. In other words, they're more hands-on.
What it means for language workshops: it is all about practicing that you learn/learned so that you can actually use them in your daily lives; and drilling down phrases so that they will become your muscle memory. Korean instructor and native speakers will be there to guide you through. Grammar points will be provided to you as necessary.
FYI: what we had in September last year, and intensive boot camp: http://koreanla.blogspot.com/2012/09/BeginnerIntensive201209.html. Please see below for this weekend's schedule.
What Level Are These For? Can I come?
As long as you have some knowledge in Hangeul and basic sentence structure, you will do fine. Otherwise, you may struggle a little bit, but you will get a lot out of the workshop anyway. If you are a beginner or novice, I strongly recommend that you come to the first lesson.
한국어 원어민이세요? 여기를 누르고 읽어주세요. 감사합니다.
Session 1: 11:00 AM ~ 1:00 PM, "BEGINNERS 1-5"
Basic expressions, greetings, introduction and other essential expressions + culture you must know
Teacher's Meeting: 1:10 PM ~ 1:40 PM, 도우미/강사 모임 (필수)
한국어 원어민이시면 반드시 참석해 주셔야 하며, 참석하지 않으신 분은 당일 이벤트에 참석하실 수 없습니다. 이해와 협조 부탁드립니다.
Session 2: 2:00 PM ~ 3:30 PM, ALL LEVELS
Focused more on novice and low intermediate. Situational conversations such as asking and getting directions, restaurant situations, seeking information.
Session 3: 4:00 PM ~ 5:30 PM, ALL LEVELS
Focused more on upper novice and intermediate. Skits, word plays, asking and expressing opinions, tendencies and educated guesses.
- Please read RSVP/No-Show Policy.
- Registration Priority
First come, first serve in following order:
(2) Those who sign up for the entire classes.
(3) First-time sign-up.
- Registration Period
Now through Saturday, February 9, 10:00 AM
- When RSVP'ing, please indicate if you will be attending
(1) all classes
(2) Which session if not all
This may affect the cost of this event, so please help me not to lose my shirt over this. :)
- Mark this number down:
Zeanie's Office:[masked] (626-LEARN-01), text message available.
What to Bring
- Scratch papers and/or notebooks.
- Smile, Energy and Positive attitude
The use of a tablet or a notebook is NOT allowed. You are required to write with your own hands.
All classes are free. However as a courtesy, we ask that you order at least one item so that we can keep coming to the venue. Additional donation is appreciated but not required. But if you can help, it will help us defray the cost of organizing events like this - so that we can keep on organizing low- to no-cost events.
- If you have a PayPal account, please help us save on transaction fees. Send the fund to [masked] and choose "Gift" or "I'm sending money to family or friends."
- If you don't have PayPal account, credit card payment is available. Use the donation button on this page.
Thanks for your support and helping us support you!