Korean Classes on Demand!
Our next language-learning meet-up is scheduled for 9 March. Would you join us?
한국어 원어민이세요? 여기를 누르고 읽어주세요. 감사합니다.
Our Focus & Format This Month:
Sometimes we offer Intensive Course. Other times we have Workshops. We also have Study Groups. We even have full semesters of courses and test preparation course. This month, we will have a Guided Study Group.
• Mini Lessons by a Korean Teacher and/or a Native Speaker
• Practices & Muscle-Memory Drills
• Conversational Korean by popular demand
• Situational Practices - asking and getting directions, restaurant situations, seeking information, skits, word plays, asking and expressing opinions, tendencies, educated guesses... we will learn and practice as much as we can in one day.
• Always Practical Expressions. With long-term goal in our minds.
What to Bring
• Blank papers
• Pencil and erasers
• Materials or textbooks you study, if any
• Questions (If you can let me know in advance, it will be even better.)
• Smile, Energy, Open mind and Positive Attitude
The use of a tablet or a notebook is NOT allowed. You are required to write with your own hands.
Your Instructors and Volunteer Staff
All the instructors and Korean natives are volunteers. We put our own time and money to put this together because we want to help!
Your instructor Zean E Yoon is a professional teacher with years of experience in teaching. Yoon has specialized in adult learners, professionals and business people. She's taught at colleges and currently teach at private schools, language service companies and corporate schools.
All volunteers are teachers in making. They're being trained to be a teacher, and/or they are eager to help you. All teachers work as a team, and no one will be left behind.
Session 1: 11:00 AM ~ 12:40 PM, "BEGINNERS 1-2"
(1) If you do not know how to write Korean (Hangeul) or are not very comfortable with it yet, please attend this session. To learn and memorize Korean writing system, it only takes 2 hours on average. Knowing Hangeul helps you pronounce Korean correctly and learn it faster too. I will provide you with all the tools; you give me your 1.5 hours. You will learn everything about Korean writing system minus a few advanced stuff. Oh, you will learn a few basic expressions too.
(2) Hangeul is not the only one we are doing this morning - we start with Hangeul and quickly move to basic sentence structure and verb endings so that you can speaking as soon as you can.
Lunch, Q&A, and Teacher's Meeting: 1:00 PM ~ 1:30 PM
도우미/강사 모임 (필수)
Let's have lunch. We will also answer your questions, practice what we learned during Session 1 and prep ourselves for Session 2 & 3.
한국어 원어민이시면 이 모임에 반드시 참석해 주셔야 하며, 참석하지 않으신 분은 당일 이벤트에 참석하실 수 없습니다. 이해와 협조 부탁드립니다.
Session 2: 1:45 PM ~ 3:15 PM, ALL LEVELS
Focused more on Beginners to low intermediate.
Session 3: 3:45 PM ~ 5:15 PM, ALL LEVELS
Focused more on upper novice and intermediate.
I'd love us to go for dinner after a long day. Unfortunately, I am not available on Saturday evenings. But I can definitely recommend a couple of places if you want to go out for a dinner!
- Please read RSVP/No-Show Policy.
- Registration Priority
First come, first serve in following order:
(2) Those who sign up for the entire classes.
(3) First-time sign-up.
- Registration Period
Now through Saturday, March 10
Or, just show up! Bring a friend too!
- Optional: When RSVP'ing, please indicate if you will be attending
(1) all classes
(2) Which session if not all
This may affect the cost of this event, so please help me not to lose my shirt over this. :)
- Mark this number down:
Zeanie's Office:[masked] (626-LEARN-01), text message available.
All classes are free. However as a courtesy, we ask that you order at least one item so that we can keep coming to the venue. Donation is appreciated but not required. But if you can help, it will help us defray the cost of organizing events like this - so that we can keep on organizing low- to no-cost events.
- If you have a PayPal account, please help us save on transaction fees. Send the fund to [masked] and choose "Gift" or "I'm sending money to family or friends."
- If you don't have PayPal account, credit card payment is available. Use the donation button on this page.
Thanks for your support and helping us support you!
~ PLEASE IGNORE THE FOLLOWING ~
Initial Announcement, Kept for the record.
Please Help Me Help You!
To decide the content of the classes this day, I would like to ask you what help you need. The goal is to offer classes that will benefit the most number of members. So would you spare 10 minutes, visit the event page and leave your comment with following information?
First, please RSVP. This will help me get better stat to decide which classes to offer.
Then leave a comment below with following information:
- Your Korean Level
- Absolute Beginner
- Can write Hangeul but that's about it
- Novice (low/mid/high)
- Intermediate (low/mid/high)
- Where/how did you learn or are you studying Korean?
- Areas or topic you want to work on
- Situation in which you want to use your Korean language skill
- What can I do to motivate you to attend the event on this date?
If you prefer sending me a personal message, click here, please:
Details of this meet-up will be announced by early next week, based on the feedback I receive.
Thanks for your support and helping us support you!