Many events are taking place in town on the 2nd weekend in October. And many want to attend them. So to accommodate your schedule, we are rescheduling our workshop to a less busy weekend.
Two of the events are posted on our calendar, so check them out. :D
Details of Our Workshop Day
3-hour Intensive for Beginners Korean 3
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR...:
- This class is for those who know Hangeul, can exchange simple greetings (안녕하세요, 안녕히 계세요, 안녕히 가세요, 고맙습니다. 미안합니다. 실례합니다 and responses to them), and heard of the basics of Korean sentence structure (SOV & markers). This class is not for "absolute beginners."
- If you attended Full-Day Beginners Intensive in September, this workshop is for you.
- If you've finished my 6-Week Beginners Boot Camp, this is a great opportunity for you to review and get some practice in.
WHAT WE WILL STUDY:
You will be introduced to a few bullet points like:
+ Formal Tone of Speech (aka "manly" speech, professional speech, academic speech)
+ Basics of Korean verb conjugation
+ Basic Honorifics
+ Basic conversation: Talking about yourself and "interviewing" each other
+ Locations, Direction, and Numbers as necessary
+ Other expressions you would like to learn
This is an actual 4-week course jammed into 3 hours. So we are focusing on getting a "big picture" that will help your future studies. At times we will slow down to practice some important things; other times we will push forward and get the general idea.
* Approximate. Please allow +/- 10 minutes.
Session 1: 11:00 AM ~ 11:45 PM, "Beginners 2"
Beginners 2 Review: -이/가, 을/를, Basic Verb Conjugation, Basic Conversation
Lunch & Teacher's Meeting: 11:45 PM ~ 12:45 PM, 도우미/강사 모임 (필수)
한국어 원어민이시면 반드시 참석해 주셔야 하며, 참석하지 않으신 분은 당일 이벤트에 참석하실 수 없습니다. 이해와 협조 부탁드립니다.
Session 2: 12:45 PM ~ 1:30 PM, BEGINNERS 3.1
Session 3: 1:45 PM ~ 2:30 PM, BEGINNERS 3.2
Session 3: 2:45 PM ~ 3:30 PM, BEGINNERS 3.3
Please be prepared to order sandwiches and have lunch.
- Please read RSVP/No-Show Policy.
- Registration Priority
First come, first serve in following order:
(2) Those who sign up for the entire classes.
(3) First-time sign-up.
- Registration Period
Now through Friday, October 27, 5 pm
- When RSVP'ing, please indicate if you will be attending
(1) all classes
(2) Which session if not all
This affects the cost of this event, so please help me not to lose my shirt over this. :)
- Receive E-mail Confirmation.
You will receive e-mail confirmation in 24 hours.
What to Bring
- Scratch papers and/or notebooks.
- Smile, Energy and Positive attitude
The use of a tablet or a notebook is NOT allowed. You are required to write with your own hands. Statistically, you learn 4 times faster when you do things manually!
Cost & Donation
All classes are free. However as a courtesy, we ask that you order at least one item so that we can keep coming to the venue. Additional donation is appreciated but not required. But if you can help, it will help us defray the cost of organizing events like this - so that we can keep on organizing low- to no-cost events.
- If you have a PayPal account, please help us save on transaction fees. Send the fund to [masked] and choose "Gift" or "I'm sending money to family or friends."
- If you don't have PayPal account, credit card payment is available. Use the donation button on this page.
Thanks for your support and helping us support you!