This is our first meetup so we'd like it to be semi-formal, relaxed gathering with a panel discussion during which we can chat about MongoDB and get to know each other.
At the beginning we'll tell you a few words about what encouraged us to start this group and what are the goals and expectations of the group.
Then we'd like to present you some of the basic and more advanced concepts of using MongoDB in a real-life scenario.
Please join us after the session for networking over a beer sponsored by AVSystem
- 18:00 Doors Open
- 18:10 Welcome notes and Introduction.
- 18:20 Not Only SQL - SQL vs NoSQL, brief comparison of NoSQL databases.
- 18:50 MongoDB Introduction - Hands On. A Beginners' guide to MongoDB based on sample application. This talk will cover: MongoDB Shell, Schema Design, CRUD, Indexes.
- 19:10 Coffee break.
- 19:30 Replication in Action. Introducing the concepts around replica sets based on sample application. This talk will cover: ReplicaSet monitoring, Automated failover, Node recovery.
- 20:00 MongoDB in Production. We will share our experiences with MongoDB in production. We will discuss: MongoDB internals, performance optimization, hardware tips.
- 20:30 Sum Up.
- Beer. Please join us for refreshments after the meeting - courtesy of our sponsor AVSystem :)
All presentations will be given in Polish.
Ideas and suggestions are welcome. Have something to share with the Krakow MUG? Let us know and we will arrange for you to give a 15-minute presentation at the meetup!
See you at the club!