We will talk about planning our first field trip to maid agencies in Hawally. We will attend an event organized by The National Union of Kuwaiti Students in the United States of America, in collaboration with Generation 29, about human rights, to network.
Welcome to the Kuwait Human Rights Mapup (mapping meetup ;-)). We have fortnightly discussions about what you do in the mapping/surveying/spatial industry or human rights in Kuwait or the Gulf. You are invited to come along to our mapups every fortnight to talk about your skills, experience and passion for maps, particularly about human rights. If you're not in Kuwait, let us know and we'll set up a laptop with Skype/Google Hangout during the meetup so you can attend remotely. The group rules are:
1. Spatial is special!
2. For every vector there is an equal and not necessarily opposite raster.
3. Keep calm and cartogram.
4. In times of trouble, face north.
5. If that does not work, face magnetic north.
6. On dusty days, volunteer some geographic information at www.openstreetmap.org
7. This group does not have a hierarchy, rather it has a Morton (z) order.
8. If you see a domestic help abuse case, map it at https://domestichelpabuse.crowdmap.com/
9. If you see an issue with roads infrastructure in Kuwait: http://kuwaitspots.crowdmap.com/
10. Finally, the most important rule of all is to come to our mapups :-)
We have a whatsapp group too, just ask to join it by sending a private message with your number to Wil