Help support your MeetupChip in
Greetings friends I created this group from before MySpace in late 2002 and we have a MySpace active account still too. My name is AL I run the Los Angeles Paranormal Society as the founder and leader. Doing this gives me a chance to meet new members or just new friends.I've been around all kinds of paranormal activity since I was a kid and ghost hunting since 2000. The point is to have a good time feel the adrenaline exploring haunted places at night hiking, walking, climbing or going up or down stairs even by boat for UFOS and any other paranormal activity will be documented or recorded but the specialty of the group is ghost hunting and all hauntings. If we run into any trapped spirits that want to cross over but can't, we will provide them with help to be at peace. I welcome all faiths from Catholic/Christian to Wiccan to all types of Pagan but remember you will be around a Catholic/Wiccan. You must listen to and follow all rules for your safety as well as other especially to not bring home a pissed off spirit. Be leery of groups without training, no structure, so called psychics and mediums as your either born a psychic or medium; not just take a course and call yourself one. It takes a lifetime of practice, understanding and patience!
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GHOST HUNTER AND PARANORMAL INVESTIGATORS.
Paranormal Investigators = Research, Investigate and gather evidence. 95% of groups on meetup are that. Aka Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters other bs tv shows that provoke ghosts and exploit them for monitory gain!
Ghost Hunter = Research, Investigate, gather evidence and actually hunt spirits, Meaning actually not just get a picture and go to haunted site just to go there, but go after them to capture or release them, free them from their prisons so they can rest in peace, communicate with them and help them. <-- my group! :-)
"Our mission is to explore and record findings by image, motion and/or audio as EVP, temperature and EMP if we find any friendly beings we shall be just as friendly back." Any being wanting to be freed to rest in peace as a group we will free them I shall lead by example. This group will explore everything from caves, to buildings, castles, homes, to Cemetery's, to parks, islands, ships, planes, anything you can think of especially chasing local legends to prove or not prove they are there. At the end of the night if you wanna go to see findings we can share the pictures, video, audio or other experiences while eating breakfast or a snack away from the site. Feel free to email/reply me for anything if you got questions.
Please DO NOT sign up if you do not intend to participate I don't need watchers I need active members.
RULES OF MEMBERSHIP!!!!
1. Dress code and uniform for all members must be dressed in all 100% black and nothing shiny and no clothes that make noise when you move around those disrupt EVPs.
a) Black boots are preferred but at least black shoes comfortable for walking, running, and hiking.
b) Black shirts or all black t-shirt. Black Polo's look nicest.
c) Black pants. Black Jeans are ok, but Dickies work pants 874's are our official pants . Why? Because they don't rip easy, look professional as a group of investigators unlike others with regular clothes and calling themselves a group. We are a professional group of investigators, not amateurs.
We must move in stealth like ninjas and enter with speed and leave with speed as never to draw attention to ourselves. As we enter any site we shall be quiet til we are where we are suppose to be at. And even then we will be respectful to others to not be loud as some may be using video/voice recorders and would ruin their footage or recordings.
d) Only time dress code is not enforced is at the Meet and Greets or Member Fun events or other events unless listed to do otherwise.
e) No black clothes??? Go to Kmart or Walmart and if still too expensive go to the swap meet and buy them!!!!
2. No one shall be under the influence of ANY DRUGS that make you a pain in the butt that includes weed, no smoking of any kind and no drinking alcohol 12-24 hours before ghost hunting. Prescription medications should be fine as long as your in full control of yourself. NO WEED!!! A weaken mind and body can bring home a new friend that can cause you trouble at home.
3. Leave all negative thoughts in the trash can as you need a open positive humorous curious, adventurous mind to enjoy the night. a open positive mind can capture more than a closed negative one. Negative minds only fuel negative results. ALL NEW MEMBERS OR MEMBERS THAT HAVEN'T GONE GHOST HUNTING you must join us at our meet and greet before going on the ghost hunts to see if you are a good fit for the group!
4. Bring a good flashlight, a fully charged cell phone which during the hunt should only be in vibrate, a descent camera with flash NOT a cell phone camera with LED. The shutter speeds of a cell phone are too slow to capture anything clear. A basic digital Kodak 2 Megapixel camera with a 2GB chip free, and 3 sets of batteries for your camera are a must. Any cameras with better higher Megapixels are more better but remember require more storage memory. You need to remember cell phone cameras have a smaller sensor than in a actual camera which lets in more light than cell phones. While orbs will show up on pictures on a cell phone and even afew pictures here and there most will be grainy that they cant be used as solid evidence when trying to prove something is there. Bring anything else that you want to bring to use. You may use as an example a voice recorder even a cell with a voice recorder app works. I prefer a actual voice recorder as the microphones are stronger and more sensitive to sounds. You may bring anything else you like but remember you will be carrying it.
5. If we run into spirits that are violent or unruly please stay back to see if I can talk to them to calm them down or we leave the area. If I say we leave we must leave. I welcome any other psychics or spirit sensitives like me to come along. We have talented and highly sensitive people on our paranormal adventures. I ask that you respect the sensitives in the group. Do not dump your personal problems onany psychics or spirit sensitives they are not here to perform tricks for people. Just as you have a love of the paranormal so do the psychics or spirit sensitives. Also witches or practicers of any type of magic are to be respected they are not Merlin, Gandalf, Harry Potter, Sabrina, or Samantha because all that is fake! Anyone who violates this rule of mutual respect will be banned from the group without notice. No form of any harassment to any members will to tolerated that includes witchcraft or other types of workings to harm others.
6. At all times you must respect the people with you their religion their beliefs even if different than yours and always respect the dead their tombs their graves as its like their homes. Stepping on a grave is to me the same as stepping on a living person and they won't be happy. Also respect all nature and its surroundings like if we go by other buildings or places that are regularly in use don't make a scene.WE WILL NOT VANDALIZE ANY TYPE OF PROPERTY OR GRAVE. IF YOU VANDALIZE ANYTHING ON ANY OF MY GHOST HUNTS I KICK YOUR DUMBASS OFF MY GROUP, TELL YOU TO GO HOME AND NEVER RETURN IF YOU BROKE SOMETHING YOUR DUMBASS IS PAYING FOR IT NOT ME!!!
7. We believe there are two types of permissions needed to enter a spirits home. Of course there is always a need for legal entry and we will always attempt to get the legal owner of an investigations site's permission before entry.
Truth is ANYONE that is NOT GIFTED will be a trespasser when they enter a spirits home, meaning where they live as a spirit WITHOUT real permission from the spirit. By that it means unless you actually can have conversations with the dead then your fine if you get a answer and are welcomed, however if not then you are trespassing. Asking them "May we enter then walking in is not permission just cause you got no response" is not the same as getting a response back from the spirit saying its ok that you may enter.
We chase the real deal for our own self benefits and help contribute to the planet helping people living or dead, not for staged glory. There will be times where we have to go back to certain haunted spots to be sure either we clean them out and helped them or just to verify that they are there and left alone.
8. At the beginning of the meeting we will eat as a group so while we are out ghost hunting we are not focusing on our growling stomachs but at the event at hand. As we feast we will discuss strategic plans and backups as well as what we expect to find as well as local legends. And most importantly do small introductions of who your are and why your here if needed. Yes you can be a dork and say who you gonna call? Ghost Busters. Humor is highly welcomed and seriousness is harder to deal with. I don't need a full Vulcan at all times (Star Trek reference). Humor is welcomed before, and after the ghost hunts, but during these are serious explorations so respect the dead at all times and be professional. Just standing around talking doing nothing is only going to anger others trying to get readings or trying to speak to the spirit to get a conversation going!! Some of us need to really concentrate to see, feel, smell, throw energy or have a conversation not just on a recorder or video camera. However at the start of every ghost haunted site you will undergo a protection spell as to not bring anything with you home for your safety and those around your home that are innocent. I am as careful as possible about not being able bring stuff home.
9. RSVPing If I post an event I expect EVERYONE to RSVP either YES or NO so I can tell everyone knows about the event and either coming or not. RSVPing YES and not showing up on several occasions isn't cool, same as always never RSVPing for any events or never commenting on events to know your a living breathing person. Because then I'll wonder if your a fish and remove your dorky ass off for no shows or no communication of any-kind!Be a responsible adult. If you flake out from events consistently or never participate on anything comments, events, and or have zero communication I will banish you from the group.
If the first time you RSVP and don't show up for your first meet and greet without communication or say you going or don't show up to an event on your first time. I'll ban you for wasting my time.
I got no time for kids, I don't have time to babysit you and your kids so hire a sitter and be an adult I'm not going to micromanage you. I'm always busy researching sites asking for permits organizing events, working several jobs and checking out sites sometimes in the dayor night before I bring people as well as doing other private ghost hunts or clearings. I AM HIGHLY BUSY!!!
BE RESPONSIBLE ADULT EVEN IF YOUR 18 YEARS OLD! You can not bring your kids ghost hunting. No children allowed to go ghost hunting for spiritual reasons to long to explain.
10. Quick short answers to complete your profile and people with fake pictures will be denied instantly. Please take the time to fill out your profile, list your actual location, put a face shot and tell us who you are and why you wanna join my group. This is not a FREE group as costs to maintain the meetup and website and I can't barter with a website for free up keep. So please pay your dues on the meet and greet meaning your first visit or at home online.
11. Lastly make sure you get all the emails perfectly fine and read them as some maybe highly important like direct emails to you for event feedback, suggestions or other questions. I'll try to keep them short and to the point to not waste your time or annoy you. Keep in mind we do not ever charge for doing a ghost investigation however for removal of spirits there is a small fee to cover only of magical supplies, not profit! Any other donations are welcomed and will be used to buy more magic supplies or make new equipment for the group to use! Remember all members are individually responsible for any and all evidence they collect. If you are going to post something on a blog site/ Website we ask that you not post members or get a written signature stating that person in the photo allowed you to post them on your time.We encourage people to share photos and label "your name L.A.P.S. ©2014" .
NOTHING ON THIS SITE CAN BE COPIED WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM LAPS, THE PICTURES, THE VIDEOS OR THE INFORMATION COLLECTED AND GATHERED ON THE GHOST HUNTS ALSO INCLUDING OUR LOCATIONS AND LASTLY ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS PUT FOR THIS GROUP IS FOR THIS GROUP ONLY INCLUDING THE RULES, DISCUSSIONS ETC! DOING SO WILL LEAD TO YOUR PROSECUTION TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW AND REMOVAL OF YOUR WEBSITE OR OTHER PUBLICATION ONLINE AND OFFLINE WITH THE HELP OF ATTORNEYS, LAWYERS AND OTHER LAW-ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS INCLUDING ONE JUDGE THAT WOULD GRANT ME ANY WARRANT OR PERMIT I NEED ALSO ON MY TEAM!!!!!
Rules Revision 27
3,615 The Best of the Best
2,270 Happy Hour Backpackers
701 quality singles