If we have snow we will snowshoe and if not, we will hike. Please bring microspikes if there is no snow, as there will more than likely be icy spots. We will hike all the trails on the south side of Route 146 at Tawasentha Town Park.
We will meet at the main Parking lot on Route 146.
We will start by hiking the red main park loop, by going up the hill to the woods with an excellent view of the Helderberg Escarpment to the west and then down to the bank of the Normans Kill which features a long stretch along the creek. We will then cross the foot bridge and hike the blue trail, to the WRA parking lot. From there we will hike the red middle loop and the green upper loop. We will finish the blue loop and then cross the foot bridge and finish the remainder of the main trail.
The entire hike is approximately 3+ miles with elevation changes of about 100+ feet in red loop and again in the red middle and green upper loop.
Minimum age is 8 (8-15 yrs must have a participating adult with them, 16-17 yrs must have a parent/guardian sign participant agreement but do not need to attend)
• please be dressed for the weather, we will go rain/snow or shine
• Dress in layers
• wear appropriate hiking/snowshoeing footwear
• snowshoes if we have enough snow or micro spikes for ice or a light coating of snow.
• please bring water, snacks and any personal medicines you may need as well as sunscreen (yes, even in the winter), rain gear, day pack.
• camera and/or binoculars if you have them
• Dogs are not permitted at any of this group's outings.
If you have any trouble finding us, Dorothy's cell is[masked], and Karen's cell is[masked] feel free to call or text if you have questions. Look for Dorothy's black Jeep Liberty and Karen's white Jeep Patriot!