align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

L.L.Bean Albany Outing Group Message Board › Day hiking in the High Peaks area, Anyone?

Day hiking in the High Peaks area, Anyone?

A former member
Post #: 2
Is there any interest in going on a few day hikes in the high peaks area this summer? By this I mean fairly long (up to 10 miles - longer if there's any interest) but otherwise relatively easy hiking in the valleys among the High Peaks - no racing up any 46ers! Unless anyone would be interested in attempting a SLOW hike up one of the Peaks, and be willing to turn around if it turns out to be out of reach. These kind of hikes would have to be independently organized; LL Bean would not be able to officially sponsor any of them because of time and distance limitations on their employees. In other words, we'd be doing them on our own and be willing to assume all of the risk pertaining thereto (which we're already doing when we sign the LL Bean release). If anyone sees this post and is interested, please join this discussion. I will be tracking it.

I am looking forward to doing this and hope that there are others of you who would also like to do this!

Mark Rodney
Member, LL Bean Albany Outings Meetup.
A former member
Post #: 1
I would definitely be interested. I was hoping to get a few longer hikes in this summer. Even going up some of the peaks would be nice, but I'm not interested in a race unless someone volunteers to bring me back down.

Xen~
Rebecca O.
user 51833792
Albany, NY
Post #: 1
I would be interested in the easier hikes! I love the idea of hiking the valleys! I climbed Mount Marcy many years ago in one day and it was incredibly difficult, if I were to do it again, I would plan to stay on the mountain. Great idea! Let me know when and where!
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Rebecca and Xendra,

Thank you for expressing your interests in going on a few valley hikes in the high peaks area. Sorry for the late follow-up - I was waiting a little longer to give anyone who is interested a chance to speak up. It looks like we're it. Counting myself, there are 4 who are interested in this (one person e-mailed me directly). I think the next logical step would be to get the 4 of us together somewhere to talk about when and where we want to go. Ideally we would meet and someplace that is centrally located, perhaps the Panera Bread place on Wolf Road just north of Colonie Center (65 Wolf Road). Are there any days and times that would work best for you? please reply to my meetup e-mail, and we'll go from there.

Hope to see you all, and be on the trail, soon!

Mark R
A former member
Post #: 4
Xendara,

It looks like Monday the 16th is the best time all around for us to meet. I'm thinking the same time and place as before - 6 PM at the Panera on Wolf Road in Colonie, about 2 blocks north of Colonie Center. Will this work for you?

Mark