Los Angeles Hadoop Users Group- LA-HUG Message Board › Technical Architect for Hadoop Infrastructre Engineering of Large amounts of
|A former member||
all interested candidates must apply via:
Lead Technical Architect - Hadoop Infrastructure Engineering and Platform Management-1211368
This position will provide the infrastructure engineering and platform management role for the Amex Hadoop infrastructure environment. This includes cluster design and configuration, selection and configuration of tools, implementation and management of cluster, establishment of performance and capacity metrics, and performance monitoring and tuning. The Big Data environment will include larger market data sets containing historical data over longer time periods and increased granularity that are required to feed predictive models, and forecasts. The environment will also contain large amounts of consumer data gathered across multiple service delivery channels such as Web, and mobile.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
* Expert level knowledge and experience in managing Hadoop clusters.
* Strong Linux experience.
* Experience in Hadoop programming (pig, hive, etc.).
* Strong experience in distributed performance tools.
* Strong distributed systems management experience.
* Previous experience and advanced knowledge in performance engineering in a extremely large scale implementation.
* First hand experience in data science practice and their corresponding activities on hadoop cluster.
* Experience in Java.
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to convey technical and business concepts across all levels of the organization.
* Strong organizational, decision making, risk management, relationship, and problem solving skills.
* Must manage multiple tasks effectively and progress work in parallel.
* Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, a team player, comfort working in an evolving environment.
* Background in High Performance Computing is a plus.
* Prior technical leadership experience is a plus.