addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Los Angeles Joomla, and Web CMS Meetup Message Board › Security Issues / Getting Hacked.

Security Issues / Getting Hacked.

A former member
Post #: 1
OK so I've been hacked numerous times .

9 times out 10 the hacker will just deface the main page .(make sure you back-up the core files)

I've found a component this morning that makes sure you have the all the correct files for your version . so you know the entry point of the hacker or maybe you can stop the stop before it happen .

MD5 Hash Check
MD5 hash check is a basic Joomla Security tool for a little security checks over all your Joomla files and 3rd party extensions. This tool will let you scan through all your Joomla files and make sure that all the files are valid and same as extracted from the original zip file downloaded from Joomla.org (joomlacode.org) It will also tell you if any core Joomla files are missing.
link : http://extensions.joo...­

if you have any other protection tips please add ..
Paul F.
pfergi42
Palo Alto, CA
Post #: 2
Awesome tip, Shelton. Thanks for sharing this. I will plan on using it on tennisladders.net.