Los Angeles Makerspace Message Board › Pls Vote For Our Meetup Location

Pls Vote For Our Meetup Location

Tara Tiger B.
taratigerbrown
Los Angeles, CA
Hi -

I was unable to secure USC Cinema School or the Central Library for the meetup on the 22nd (they apologized but couldn't make it work for the chosen date).

We are waiting to hear back from LA Trade Tech who may turnout to be a big partner for us http://college.lattc.edu/­

Originally we decided to try out different places in or near to DTLA to get a feel for it because that is where we plan to open the makerspace, but it's been a lot of overhead for me personally to arrange the meetup locations and I think we can just pick a regular spot now.

If LA Trade Tech doesn't work out then we have three choices for backup. All three are restaurants, which many prefer so they know they'll eat dinner. Ideally we pick a spot that we can continue to return for working group meetings so we don't have to do a lot of work hunting around (doesn't apply to maker events).

Backup Places in DTLA:
* CHOICE#1 Urth Caffe. We met here for one of our first meetings. There is a big parking lot across from the restaurant and they have a ton of food choices. We can reserve the room if we can guarantee a certain # of people that are going to buy food. 451 South Hewitt Street, Los Angeles, CA

* CHOICE #2 Americano (was Cafe Metropol). I help run the Transmedia LA group and we used to meet here monthly in the back room with around 40 people before we got too big. The owner is great and the food is good. There is plenty of street parking. 923 East 3rd Street  Los Angeles, CA 90013

Backup Place in Culver City 
*CHOICE#3 Brunello Trattoria. Jeff Geoffray offered this as an option because he knows the owner and we can book a back room. 6001 Washington Blvd Culver City, CA 90232

Please reply with your first and second choice.

Thanks,

Tara