September 14, 2013 · 1:00 PM
The weather's still good and I'm not sure how long it's going to last, soooo let's do some more tubing this weekend! Should be 100 degrees in Bakersfield on Saturday. The water will feel amazing! On our section of the river we'll be doing some lazy floating down slow moving water. We'll float for two hours, stop for lunch, and float for another hour before exiting the river. Afterwards we'll get some food together at a nearby restaurant. Bakersfield is a two hour drive north from Los Angeles.
We'll be meeting in Bakersfield at 1pm. Directions will be emailed on Thursday to a) those who have paid ahead of time for their rentals, and b) those who have emailed me to confirm they are bringing their own equipment. Everyone must check in with me via email in order to participate.
Minimum weight is 90 pounds. Maximum weight is 230 pounds.
You must be able to swim to participate in this meetup. No exceptions.
- Animals seen previously include deer, coyotes, white egrets, turtles, dragonflies, bats, and cows.
- Tubing Photos
- Free if you bring your own innertube, life jacket, and air pump and email me
- water bottle with clip and water to refill with
- sack lunch in a small bag, waterproof sunscreen
- sunglasses WITH STRAP, hat
- sandals/shoes that won't come off e.g. Tevas, running shoes, ect
- NO BARE FEET OR FLIP FLOPS DUE TO GLASS & RUSTY NAILS
- money for dinner/gas
TUBING WITH ALCOHOL
- It's against the law to have alcohol on the river. Bad times if a ranger catches you, plus it's not a good idea to be intoxicated around something that can kill you.
I'll have a small floating cooler with ice you'll be welcome to use!
Contact me! I'll be helping organize everyone into carpools so we can have as few cars as possible.