addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

LABroncoFans Message Board › NFL Lockout imminent - plus...shameless self promotion...

NFL Lockout imminent - plus...shameless self promotion...

Max
Mpilot
Denver, CO
Well folks, bad news - it appears that a lockout is imminent...

Ok...so what does that mean for the die hard Broncos' fans?

Long story short (for those of you who haven't been following the NFL labor negotiations closely - i.e. those of you with a life...don't judge me), it means that the 2011 season is in doubt.  Sundays might have to be "Law and Order re-run marathon day" instead of football day.

For those of you who are like me and look forward to Sunday like a dying man in the desert looks forward to finding a giant Fiji water geyser - I'd suggest looking for a big pile of coats to hide under (that's where I usually go to throw my football-related tantrums).

So is there any good news in all this?

Well...sort of.  For starters there's still going to be a draft this year (next month, in fact).  As draft day gets closer I'll look at posting a meetup and getting our half of Brennan's set aside.  Slightly better news is that, if there's no 2011 season, the Broncos draft in the same position for the 2012 draft.  That means 2 years of the #2 pick...which would do wonders for our underwhelming team (well...not for Champ Bailey who ain't gettin' any younger or poor Timmy Tebow who really needs the reps).

I'll keep you posted as negotiations (and/or posturing by both sides) continues.  But from the looks of it we're probably going to lose at least a portion of the 2011 season.

Although who knows?  Maybe we'll get lucky and the season will be played as normal. Of course as long as I'm wishing I'd like the Broncos to win the Superbowl.  I'd also like to win the mega millions drawing tonight.

So what about the shameless self promotion?

Oh yeah...can't forget about that.  After all - a man's gotta earn a living so he can keep himself knee deep in Ramen noodles and Domino's pizza.

For those of you who don't know - I'm a flight instructor in Santa Monica and my flight school has a deal for a 40 minute flight for $99.  A "normal" flight with a flight instructor is @ $110/hr for the plane and $55/hr for the instructor.

So just in case you (or anyone you know) wants an aerial tour of LA, or wants to learn to fly a plane (or just be at the controls once to see what it's like) please don't hesitate to contact me.

I figured since I have this unbelievably powerful bully pulpit as the assistant coordinator for our meetup group I might as well abuse it (I promise - just this once...at least until we get a bunch of new sucke....er...members)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful offseason!

And of course, for anyone who has friends/family in Japan - our thoughts and prayers are with you and them.