LABroncoFans Message Board › Are you ready for some football?

Are you ready for some football?

Max
Mpilot
Denver, CO
Just a quick note for anyone who hasn't been closely following the NFL lockout - as of yesterday the lockout is officially over.

The only "casualty" is the preseason Hall of Fame game between the Bears and the Rams (and who cares about them anyway?).

The Bronco's preseason opener is scheduled for Thursday Aug 11 at 5:30pm and I'll be posting a meetup for that shortly.

For anyone interested - this next week promises to be one of the most active times ever (if not the most) in free agency and trades. A new lower salary cap ($120 Million) means that teams are going to be shedding good players right and left. Also - look for teams to grossly overpay for trades in the upcoming feeding frenzy (i.e. bye bye Kyle Orton).

Anyway, glad the players and owners got this resolved and looking forward to another season of Bronco football (hopefully Bronco football from the late 90's with an exciting offense and nasty defense - not the horror show of recent years).

Will be great to see everyone again!

Oh - and for the new members - the preseason games will probably be lightly attended but for the Monday night opener vs. the Raiders plan to get to Brennans pretty early if you want a seat (I'm posting this now to give you a chance to get your work/life schedules in order :) ). I'm planning on getting there at least an hour early. Consider yourselves fairly warned...
Christie E.
ChristieRBeach
Redondo Beach, CA
Post #: 1
Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to some Broncos football!
vicky
user 14456498
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
Finally! I've been waiting for some football. I'm new to the group and I want to attend but probably will not be able to because of work. But please keep posting :)