Jun 14, 2014 · 11:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Eric has offered to host yet another trip on the Green River, with primitive camping at his farm!! This is always a popular trip with a huge turnout. The paddling pace is very casual, if not holding on to a motor boat. ALL TIMES ARE EXPRESSED AS EASTERN TIME ZONE The plan is to paddle on Green River from Brownsville, KY to Eric's Farm. Here is the address to the farm:
1321 American Rock Rd. Windyville, KY 42210 Here is a little description of the property in Eric's words:
"...trip down the Green River from Brownsville to my Farm approximately 7 miles down stream. Those interested in Camping can camp at the farm Saturday night. There are hiking trails rock house over hangs with some cliffs . The farm is 243 acres of mostly hills and hollars. the farm borders Green river for about 1/2 mile. I have a city water spicket , there is a old house and barn but primitive camping basically. We can meet at the farm and I will bring a 16 ft. trailer we can shuttle the kayak and canoe's on to Brownsville and end at the farm. The Farm address is 1321 American Rock Rd. Windyville Ky. This is 20 miles south of Leitchfield and 25 miles North of Bowling Green. "
Directions according to Eric: Ok Windyville is on a state map there used to be a store there, it is now closed. So if you map quest or GPS you need to put it in as 1321 American Rock Rd. Brownsville as the city and the Zip code is 42210. Mapquest gets pretty close. Go down I-65 south to WK Parkway West ,Exit off WK Pkwy at Leitchfield/Brownsville exit. Turn left at end of ramp, Take Hy. 259 about 6 miles it turns to the right,stay on Hwy. 259 go about 16 more miles until you get to Hwy 70 on your right there are gas stations on both corners of Hwy 70 as you turn right. go about 2 1/2 miles to Hwy.655 on the left (this is Windyville) Locals call Hy. 655 Segal Rd. Go 1 mile to American Rock Rd. it is on the left it is 1.4 mile down to the Farm drive is on the Right. A big black mail box with 1321 and Cissell on it. It is 2000 ft. down to the house you will go thru a metal gate soon after you start down the drive. We can park between the house and the barn to the left side for ease of parking. People can decide where they want to camp. There is a nice flat area beside the house or if people want down by the river or a rock over hang.
This is expected to be about a 5-6 hour paddle on flatwater. Please use Message Board and comments section to discuss camping/carpool preparations.
- Eric will be heading to his farm on FRIDAY MORNING as well for anyone that wants to camp an additional night - gate will be open
- He's also bringing a small motorized V-Hull boat for coolers and cold beverages
- Please comment if you are needing a loaner boat and we will see what we can do - keep an eye on the comments and the RSPV comments on the right
- I measured the route on Google Earth and it looks to be about a 8 mile paddle on flat 'lake-like' water
- A sunday paddle to Bear Creek is an option for anyone interested.
- If you get lost or find yourself running late, you can contact Eric at[masked] - Service can be a little spotty but he advised to just leave a message and he will get back to you.