addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Louisville Area Canoe & Kayak Group Message Board For Sale & Trade › Canoe Or Kayak.........WTB

Canoe Or Kayak.........WTB

Alan J.
user 95672402
Louisville, KY
Post #: 9
I have a couple of friends considering getting into paddling but do not want to spend a ton until they first give it a try to see if they like it. If you see a canoe or kayak somewhere for sale that appears to be a good buy, please post it here or notify me. Thanks so much. I have been watching CL for them but haven't seen much being offered.
Linda I.
user 12756469
Crestwood, KY
Post #: 15
Canoe KY in frankfort sells their rentals after two years and they are fairly cheap. I got a Current Design Kestrel for $300 several years ago. It was very used but who cares, it floats. At least that's the way it used to be but might be different now that they use only sit on tops.
Alan J.
user 95672402
Louisville, KY
Post #: 10
Thanks so much, Linda. I will pass this along.
Jesse S.
user 93046362
Louisville, KY
Post #: 1
I'd like to clarify Linda's comment that Canoe Kentucky does carry whitewater and recreational kayaks (of the sit-in variety), at least for sale. I don't know that they use them for rental, however. I just bought a Liquid Logic Remix XP10 from them because they are the local retailers for LL. They have a list of new and used inventory under their retail links.

I'm pretty much a diehard lover of canoes and would recommend starting out with a canoe, but most people are buying kayaks these days. I think if you want to paddle with groups, the kayak may be the choice to make if you don't want to lag behind.
Alan J.
user 95672402
Louisville, KY
Post #: 19
Thanks Linda and Jesse.

I called Canoe KY and they do not have anything at this time. I am still checking CL but if you hear of anything, please let me know. We would like something perhaps in the 12' range or so, a SOT, Native Ultimate, etc., that could be used for some fun paddling, fishing, etc.
Linda I.
user 12756469
Crestwood, KY
Post #: 16
a personal experience warning about canoes: they are not called divorce boats for nothing.