Louisville Area Canoe & Kayak Group Message Board Main Forum › Louisville paddling Wiki

Louisville paddling Wiki

Greg M.
user 8291008
Jeffersonville, IN
Post #: 830
I'm working on a Wiki containing paddling destinations of interest to people in Louisville
http://www.louisville...­

Please do not edit the main page for now, if there's something you want added or changed let me know.

Any of the links that are RED have no information. Just clicking the red link will take you to a page to add information. Please add anything you have and don't worry about formatting or organization for now, we just need a starting point and eventually someone will go back and clean it up later.

If a link is BLUE, there is already some information there. Clicking it will take you to the page, and you can click the "Edit" tab in the upper right to add information.
Particularly helpful things you can add:

• Address of put-in/access points
  • A picture or two that is exemplary of paddling in that location
  • A link to a map of the put-ins and/or take-outs.
  • A link to another site with information on the paddle, or even a forum post
  • Rough distance from downtown Louisville.
  • Comments about the paddle/area
  • Fees, permits, other costs, and/or links to pages with information about those.
  • Whether camping is available and comments about it.

There's enough work there for pretty much anyone to add something, so please do. For now, don't worry too much about making it look pretty, or organizing it. Once pages start to get flushed out we can decide on a standard layout and try to organize things better. And I'll lock the pages down a little more so that changes require approval, but for now just post anything you have.