addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Louisville Area Canoe & Kayak Group Message Board Gear & Accessories › DIY kayak, canoe rack for car, van, suv

DIY kayak, canoe rack for car, van, suv

David M.
user 18824861
Brandenburg, KY
Post #: 36
Visiting with my Great Niece generated a need to design and build a kayak rack for her car. She paddles an inexpensive $90 8 foot long kayak on quiet inland lakes but had to borrow a truck to haul the boat - thus, limiting her outings. My Great Niece was definitely bitten by the kayak bug. Now that she can transport her boat independently, she'll seek to improve her boat, paddle and other gear. See the video review of the rack at http://youtu.be/tkYI4...­ or search key words: DIY rope pool noodle bungee cord hooks kayak canoe car van rack. The materials for this project cost just $18. Executing the design took only 90 minutes. I could repeat this in less than 30 minutes. Set up takes under 5 minutes and take down takes maybe 2 minutes.