align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Louisville Area Canoe & Kayak Group Message Board Off-Topic Discussions › Off topic...more like Off the wall....Cookies

Off topic...more like Off the wall....Cookies

Jim K
user 9599326
Louisville, KY
Post #: 121
Folks, from some cats that I used to hang and work hard and play hard and laugh a lot with:
http://www.sflistteam...­

Regards,
JimK
Jim K
user 9599326
Louisville, KY
Post #: 267
This brought tears to my eyes ….

This is an incredible story!

In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Northwestern University .

On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air.

The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully.

He got down on one knee, inspected the elephants foot, and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it.

As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out with his knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.

The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments.

Peter stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled.

Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned, and walked away.

Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the ChicagoZoo with his teenaged son.

As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing.

The large bull elephant stared at Peter, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down.

The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.

Remembering the encounter in 1986, Peter could not help wondering if this was the same elephant.

Peter summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing, and made his way into the enclosure.

He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder.

The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same frigging elephant.

This is for everyone who sends me those heart-warming bulls**t stories.

Regards,
Anonymous ...working late shifts.

Greg M.
user 8291008
Jeffersonville, IN
Post #: 463
LOL!
A former member
Post #: 628
Good story Jim K. I want a chimp for a life long pet and companion...what do I need a face for anyway.
Jim K
user 9599326
Louisville, KY
Post #: 383
TSA Humor:

"If we did our job any better we'd have to buy you dinner first and smoke a cigarette afterwards."

Regards,
Anonymous
Harry
STRedRaider
Scottsburg, IN
Post #: 170
Good one!shock
Jim K
user 9599326
Louisville, KY
Post #: 390
Folks

This is a pretty good one!
Jumping the football into a stadium.
http://www.youtube.co...­
This jump went well.

I know of one that did not...:)
One member of an old military unit of mine...who was a HALO Jumpmaster was to jump the ball into Marshall's stadium in Huntington WV. Wind currents are strange in and around stadiums and he kissed the stadium's end wall with his feet about 4' off of the ground with much speed.
Broke one arm and a collarbone...and concussed hisself...(and didn't get much sympathy from the other Teams in the unit...:)
Those squares fly pretty fast forward...which why this guy is not just using his toggles to steer...but is grabbing canopy lines to spiral down as quickly as possible...and no doubt put on a little show...

Alright
Regards
JimK.o..with a little freefall time.
Jim K
user 9599326
Louisville, KY
Post #: 402
"Not recognized flotation devices"
Ehhhh....Heh, heh, heh.
http://www.theage.com...­
Raises lots of questions....but nevermind. :))

Nathan G.
ShrekFirefighter
Floyds Knobs, IN
Post #: 123
That is great. Blowup dolls are not PFD's Who would have thought.
Jim K
user 9599326
Louisville, KY
Post #: 403
Well... I guess not these folks.
Jeez. :))
http://www.gizmodo.co...­