LA Cloud Computing Message Board › SoCal Code Camp - FREE CONFERENCE - January 29th and 30th - Cal State Fullerton

SoCal Code Camp - FREE CONFERENCE - January 29th and 30th - Cal State Fullerton

John S.
jjjooooohhnnn
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 12
Greetings LA Cloud Computing,

SoCal Code Camp is almost here!

What is SoCal Code Camp?
SoCal Code Camp is one of the largest developer conferences in Southern California. We have over 100 sessions planned and anticipate between 600 and 800 developers to show up over the course of the weekend. This conference is the place for developers to come and learn from their peers. Peer groups of all platforms, programming languages, and disciplines band together to bring content to the community. This is not an unconference - sessions are pitched, selected, and organized into tracks ahead of time.

The event takes place on January 29th and 30th, 2011, at Cal State Fullerton. The cost of the event is free. Fullerton is next to Anaheim, for those that don't know (I didn't), which means it is close to everybody in the Los Angeles region. Don't make the trip to Anaheim a roadblock to participating!

You can login and register for the event here.

Call to Action: More Particpants!
Historically, SoCal Code Camp has had a very strong focus on Microsoft technologies. While there are a number of stand-alone sessions in Cloud, Agile, and iPhone/Android related sessions, as well, we are offering more robust tracks and sessions for Open Source technologies and Startups and Entrepreneurs. We feel that with the increased scope of our sessions, a lot more people will be interested in attending.

We invite you, your friends, and your colleagues to participate in this event by attending SoCal Code Camp. You can check out the existing sessions to give you an idea of existing topics. You can register here.

Questions?
If you have any questions about the event, please don't hesitate to contact Daniel Egan or John Shiple. We will get back to you shortly with the information you need.

That's it! I am very excited to be a part of this event, and to further contribute to growing the SoCal technology ecosystem. I hope that you attend...and I'll see you there!

Best,

-=John Shiple