addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

LA Cooking and Dining Meetup Group Message Board L.A. Cooking, Recipes, Dining (and French) Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Holiday Gathering Meetup Recipes (1)

Holiday Gathering Meetup Recipes (1)

Sally
user 4742768
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA

Dear members (and especially the attendees who came to the Holiday Gathering Meetup at Eve's on Dec 16),

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already since we had sooo much fun at Eve's gorgeous house in Woodland Hills!

http://www.meetup.com...­

She's opening her house again for spring time BBQ next year.  Not all of the attendees saw it, but she has another even larger balcony with awesome view downstairs that has beautiful gas grill counter with a sink and can sit probably 20-30 people!  I just can't wait to have a grilling meetup when the weather gets warmer.))  Thank you sooo much, Eve!

Here are first two recipes from the attendees of the food items either cooked there or brought to the meetup: Manoj's Paneer Tikka recipe which he sent me recently and Martha's garlic dip recipe she posted on the meetup page.  I usually share recipes only among attendees, but since it's year-end and in the spirit of holiday sharing, I decided to share with everybody now))

I'm hoping to get all the recipes as everything was so tasty!  Ming's Northern African boulettes with lamb, Patricia's Uruguayan Empanada (do you have a digital file?), Flora's Kinilaw (Filipino-style Ceviche w tuna, scallop, shrimp, ginger and calamansi, Jonathan's Wild rice salad with apple, dried cranberries and basil, Vandana's Roasted veggies or potatoes in Indian spices, Eve's Bolognese sauce with linguini, Martha's Chocolate cappuccino cheesecake, Lysa's Jewish apple cake, and my roasted salmon with smoked salmon filling with caper, cream and dill filling, and Japanese-style beef salad with celery, cucumber and wakame in wasabi dressing. Have I missed anything? (Oh, and I don't think Dave will ever share his family recipe of Brisket.  Well, he'll just keep bringing it every year, hehehe))

Thank you, and looking forward to seeing you all again in 2013!

Sally

Panner Tikka Recipe

Ingredients:

- 400 gms paneer (standard size sold at Indian grocery)  (1 lb is about 450g)
- 200 gms greek yogurt or whole milk yogurt with the waters separated
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste or crushed ginger garlic
1 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp jeera powder/cumin seeds powder
1 tsp dhania powder/coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp "amchur powder" - (dry mango + tamarind + pomegranate seeds)
1/2 tsp black pepper powder (optional)
juice of 2 lemons
2 tbsp oil or ghee or butter for brushing
salt to taste

For the dipping sauce
- Dried, powdered mint leaves
- half cup yogurt
- optional - amchoor powder (dried, crushed green mangoes)
Recipe
- Take the yogurt in a bowl and smoothen it
- add the ginger-garlic to this yogurt. Beat it into a smooth consistency
- add all the dry spice powders and salt in
- add half of the lemon juice and mix well. no lumps or other inconsistencies
- dice the paneer into pieces about 2 inches long
- Now, add the paneer to the marinade and coat well
- Let it marinate for at least an hour. Refrigerate if marinating for more than 2 hours
- In the mean time, whisk the items in the dipping sauce list above with the juice of half a lemon
- let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes, whisk again and refrigerate
Baking
- Pre-heat oven to 360 degrees. Convection ovens are okay
- skewer the paneer pieces without touching each other
- place skewers in oven (paneer pieces should be in the air, instead of resting on something)
- Check after 10 minutes. brush with melted ghee / butter and insert back into oven
-  stop baking when all pieces turn a mild brown. This should take 20-30 minutes. Keep checking every 5 minutes and brush dry pieces with melted ghee / butter
- When most of the pieces are dry of marinade and slightly brown, remove from oven
- serve immediately with dipping sauce

enjoy!

Dill, Feta & Garlic Spread by Martha

2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened 
1 (8 oz) package feta cheese, crumbled 
3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and mined (this amount is for wimps! I use a whole head of garlic!) 
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or as much as you want)

Thoroughly blend all ingredients (can use mixer, food processor) 
Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. 
Serve with crackers. Enjoy!

Can be frozen if you want to make a BIG batch.

Martha
user 9578237
El Segundo, CA
Post #: 3
Oops, accidentally started a new post with my Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake recipe instead of putting it here. Just look for the discussion with that title!
Martha