Los Angeles Formula 1 Fans Message Board › A quick note about future events

A quick note about future events

Mark S.
user 11047025
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 11
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to mention this ahead of the event this weekend.

As you are all aware, the group is taking off at an exponential rate. After less than one year, our group has grown to almost 300 strong. I am so thrilled at the growth, but like I said earlier, it comes with its own unique challenges.

Last week we had our biggest event yet with 112 people in attendance, this week we will have the biggest pre-recorded event in the group's history.

Our home location, The Britannia, is not a large venue. I expect we will run out of seats on Sunday. I know this is going to be a bit of an issue for some. (And I highly recommend that those people come early)

I'm trying to come up with a solution to that problem but it will take a little while and I want to make sure that we don't ruin what the group already is while we expand. The Britannia is staffing extra employees this weekend to take care of us, and they have supported us from day one.

Bottom line: There aren't many establishments that would take us in. Let alone give us priority on NFL weekends and install DVRs for us to record races. Please try to keep this in mind.

I really appreciate everyone's understanding on this. If it gets to a point where you're not having any fun, please let me know and I will do my best.

Thanks, and see you all on Grand Prix Sunday!

Mark
johnpierre r.
user 78431082
Santa Monica, CA
Post #: 1
hey Mark. im new to this group and greatful for all the effort that you have put forth. if there is anything i can do to help let me know and if by chance i don't have a place to sit then i will stand outside look throught the window. all good...
Heather
user 4681913
Venice, CA
Thanks for being so communicative about the challenges of hosting such a rapidly expanding group. As I'm new, I certainly don't want to step on anyone's toes, so if the core members feel like they are getting pushed out, then I will try to bribe some of my dvr-owning friends to record the races for me. That's basically been my M.O. for the last several years anyway. Le'ts see how it goes on Sunday - hopefully we'll all be able to squeeze and have fun - but I'm ok if the guest list gets restricted too.
Mark S.
user 11047025
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 12
Thanks for being so communicative about the challenges of hosting such a rapidly expanding group. As I'm new, I certainly don't want to step on anyone's toes, so if the core members feel like they are getting pushed out, then I will try to bribe some of my dvr-owning friends to record the races for me. That's basically been my M.O. for the last several years anyway. Le'ts see how it goes on Sunday - hopefully we'll all be able to squeeze and have fun - but I'm ok if the guest list gets restricted too.

Absolutely do not feel like you aren't welcome!! Everyone in the group is important. This group was started so we all have a place to go to watch F1. Nobody here is more important than anyone else.

Mark
Emily
user 78464892
Agoura Hills, CA
Thanks Mark!
Peggy M.
user 47305012
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 2
Isn't kinda cool though to realize there are so many other F1 fans here in LA & how fast your group is growing...but yes, with all that comes growing pains. Let's hope it all turns out well. :)
Cheryl
user 21124441
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 8
I've been around since the very 1st Sunday when there were maybe 12 of us. Whether there has been 12 or 75, the Britannia and their wonderful staff have been great, welcoming, attentive and it's been easy to see the race from almost everywhere in the pub. It's been a very relaxed, easy going crowd .Everyone and the staff have always been quick to help out materializing an extra seat or pushing tables together. Last year,we sometimes crowded in, shared tables so we could eat, but that's okay.
The main reason we're all together is because we all love the sport and it's more fun to watch and comment,discuss,disagree,cheer, together than it is to sit by the screen at home. If I have to stand sometimes, or share a seat or a table, that's just fine with me. As always Mark, thanks for your dedication to this group.
Tommy L.
user 5419245
Corona, CA
Post #: 4
I think that one thing we should all do as a courtesy is to let people who are eating have the table seats. If you're done eating, maybe you can get up and let someone else sit down that also wants to eat. This will allow the Britannia to make some extra money, and the rest of us can just stand and have a drink in the morning. We need to support the Britannia as much as they've supported us.