MEET IN FRONT OF TEA STATION AT 140 W. VALLEY BLVD AT 10:30 AM.
Hi all. I'm a local food writer specializing in Chinese food and I've done this tour in the past for the public and on television. My bio: www.clarissawei.com
Last year, I was on Bizarre Foods America with Andrew Zimmern and took him to ten of my favorite restaurants in the SGV in two days. I've also been recruited by CBS, the Associated Press and CCTV for interviews on Chinese food and culture.
How this tour is different from others: Each stop will feature a different region of China. I've published articles on all of these restaurants and will be explaining cool little factoids and regional nuances of particular dishes. For example, did you know the Sichuan peppercorn is not really a pepper? It's actually in the citrus family.
• 10:30am: Meet at San Gabriel Square. 140 W Valley Blvd. 11:00am: Sichuan food @ Chengdu Taste -- water-boiled fish, toothpick beef, mung bean noodle, dan dan mian.
• 12:00pm: Taiwanese @ BeBe Fusion -- Stinkest tofu of Los Angeles, three cups squid
• 1:00pm: Xi'an @ Shaanxi Gourmet-- paomo, handmade noodles, the first hamburger ever invented
• 2:00pm: Taiwanese bakery rest stop @ Oh My Pan
• 2:30pm: Jiangsu @ Wang Xing Ji: massive soup dumpling, mini soup dumplings
Pricing: My original price is $65, but I'm giving LA Food Bloggers this tour for $55 (+$1.95 PayPal service fee). I'm cutting costs by not hiring a driver so we'll need to carpool. I can drive for sure. No worries, everything is really close together. The longest stretch is about 7 mins.
People: I can accommodate up to 14 people but we will split up into two tables.