addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Colleen
user 5795147
Los Angeles, CA
Hi Everyone!

Just a note to let you know I am getting back into the swing of things again! I haven't disappeared completely, but for those who were not aware - I had a baby in Feb. (Bridget) and she is great!! So while I work on our next meeting - I do ask you to think about some ideas of what you would like to have happen with our group. Let me know if you would like some guest speakers - and what kind or who, do you want some networking mixers? Or perhaps some more interactive group activities. Please drop me a line - you can email at Colleen@t-u-a.com and send some ideas.

So for now - if you have an event that you think the group would be interested in knowing about - then let me know and I will send it around to everyone. Try to let me know as far ahead as you can so I can keep the emails to the group members down to a minimum - don't want to send more than 2 a month.

For example - one our group members wanted to let everyone know about the following event - and then I have some coming up as well!

So for now - thank you for sticking around!!

Colleen Rice Nelson

LA Freelance MeetUp Orgranizer

From Member Iren Tsaturyan

ART Marketing Secrets Seminar
The seminar is given by full time artist, Athena Mantle. Her marketing background as a former VP Marketing for an Inc. 500 Company gives her an innovative perspective on marketing for artists. She has mapped her success in marketing her own art and will share her secrets and tons of resources!
To learn more about Athena Mantle and the workshop, go to her blog: http://paintingseason.wordpress.com/­ or her website: http://www.athenamantle.com/­
The seminar will be held on August 5th, 2012 from 10AM to 12PM at Modest Fly Art Studio Gallery

Address:
7578 Foothill Boulevard
Tujunga, California 91042

Discover...

• -How to get on Page 1 of Google
  • -Your Most Valuable Asset
  • -How to Market with Social Media
  • -The Best Place to Sell Art
  • -How to Market your Art for FREE

Space is limited, pre-registration is recommended.

Seminar Fee: $55 Register before July 25th & SAVE $10! Purchase through PayPal at: http://modestflyartgallery.com/workshops/­

For more information, please call 818.331.4780
www.modestflyartgallery.com­

From Colleen Rice Nelson

Optimizing Your Website for Success

Saturday July 28th, 2012 9:30 am - 12:00pm
Ikea Burbank (Small Business Center)

A great new class I have just written about optimizing your website. Hitting on all the major SEO points, you will learn what search engines are looking for in order to improve your search engine result rankings and traffic flow. Here is a quick summary of points to be covered

• What is S.E.O. (search engine optimization)
  • Why you need to understand S.E.O.
  • Learn how a search engine reads your website
  • Learn about the “on-page” and “off-page” website factors of search engine rankings
  • Learn how to get the edge on your competition with S.E.O. research
  • Learn about link building
  • Learn how statistics can help your S.E.O.
  • Learn how keywords are critical to your website’s success
  • Learn what things can prevent search engines from indexing your site
  • Learn about search engine submission

Cost: $20.00 / $40.00 See Registration Page for details on PACE Student Membership Discount (Buy more classes and save)

RSVP Required Please!

For More Details and Registration Information please visit my info page on my website here http://goo.gl/Gtuwz

And it's Social Media Month in August!

Every Thursday in August there will be a class on a social media topic at PACE LA in Downtown LA. Here are the classes and dates. If you want more information please visit my site on the classes page - http://goo.gl/d1N3S

• Facebook 101 for Small Business, Thursday August 2nd 10 am - 11:30 am
  • Twitter 101 for Small Business, Thursday August 9th 10 am - 11:30 am
  • LinkedIn 101 for Small Business, Thursday August 16th 10 am - 11:30 am
  • Social Media Management for Small Business, Thursday August 23th 10 am - 11:30 am
  • Social Media and Your Website, Thursday August 30th 10 am - 11:30 am

You can take the classes individually or as a great series! These are new classes!! Hope to see you there!

Thank you!!

Colleen