Welcome to the Los Angeles Golf Group. Please take a moment to review some basic golf etiquette.
- Arrive at the course at least 15 minutes prior to your tee time. It is a good idea to come early to warm up and be ready when it is time to tee off.
- Know what type of ball you are using before teeing off to avoid any confusion.
- Do not stand too close behind, near or in front of any other player.
- Be absolutely quiet while any other player make his or her shot.
- Maintain pace of play with the group ahead of you. If need be pick up your ball in order to maintain the pace of play.
- Always be prepared to play your ball in order to avoid any delay in the game.
- Play ready golf
- Don't play your shot as long you might hit the group of players in front of you.
- Replace divots and step it into place, repair any damage caused e.g. by your spikes, pitch marks etc. immediately. After any bunker play be sure to use the rake and leave the bunker in perfect condition.
- Don't drive your golf cart over tee areas, greens or through sand bunkers.
- If possible, try to observe not only your own but also the balls of the other players in your flight. This will help to save time in case one of your partners may not be able to find the ball immediately after the shot.
All golfers are welcome to play with the group regardless of skill level but is generally a good idea to access your own skill level and pick events that best fits your skill level. Generally a par 72 full length course is not the best option for beginning golfers or golfers that cannot break 120 regularly on a full length course.
Every month we have a monthly meetup usually the second Sunday of the month, this meetup is scheduled at a golf course better fitted for all skill levels and new members are encouraged to attend this event.