|Sent on:||Monday, November 21, 2011 11:15 AM|
Financial Finesse, a leading provider of unbiased financial education, is looking for a system administrator for our office in El Segundo, CA to help maintain the company’s growing network.
- Maintain and troubleshoot company’s production application servers (Apache/PHP/Tomcat). Maintain and troubleshoot company applications.
- Maintain the virtualization nodes (KVM/Open Nebula), monitor server performance and spin up additional server VMs, as necessary.
- Install new server nodes as necessary.
- Administer the production database servers (MySQL, PostgreSQL). Configure and maintain replication, backups and daily ETL scripts.
- Maintain and troubleshoot storage servers (GlusterFS).
- Configure and maintain load balancing (HA Proxy/STunnel), maintain and renew server certificates, etc.
- Maintain company DNS servers and renew company domains, as necessary.
- Configure the monitoring system (Nagios or derivative), monitor and troubleshoot server infrastructure. Review performance metrics and system logs and troubleshoot the issues.
- Maintain and reinforce system security. SA will be primarily responsible for securing the company network. Configure and maintain intrusion detection system (IDS).
- Setting up the company IT policies and procedures, maintain user access credentials (and enforcing the password policies) and train internal users on security policies and best practices.
- Help run company LAN network, manage internal storage and email servers (MS Exchange 2003).
- Assist Implementation Engineer with provisioning new clients.
- Supervise Support Technician in providing technical support to internal users.
- A minimum of 5 years of LAMP System Administration or System Engineering.
- Deep familiarity with Open Source software and LAMP Stack. Familiarity with major Linux distributions (RedHat/CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu etc.), package management (yum and/or apt-get).
- Experience running the servers in virtualized environment (KVM preferred or Xen).
- Extensive knowledge of server and network technologies, network hardware, operating systems, networking protocols. Experience with the LAMP software stack: Apache, PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL. Familiarity with nginx is a plus.
- Experience administering DB servers: MySQL and PostgreSQL. Some experience with NoSQL solutions (such as MongoDB) is a big plus.
- Experience with storage solutions, configuring RAID and NAS. Previous exposure to GlusterFS is highly preferred.
- Experience with building High Availability (HA) infrastructure and load balancing (HA Proxy/STunnel).
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking protocols and DNS is required.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve the complex issues without additional supervision.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent benefits package and competitive compensation (based on experience), performance based bonus program.
- Location: El Segundo, CA (near LAX). This is a full time position. Flexible schedule, but must work from the office location.
- Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact us about this job.
- Find more information about Financial Finesse at http://www.financialfinesse.com/
To apply for this position, please send your resume and contact information to [address removed] (jobs [at] financialfinesse.com) – put “System Administrator (LAMP)” in the subject line. Please find more details at our website here http://www.financialfinesse.com/careers/
Oleg Baranovsky | Director of Business Strategy and Technology / CTO | Financial Finesse, Inc.
221 California St | El Segundo, CA 90245 |[masked] ext. 156 toll-free|[masked] direct |[masked] cell
Financial Finesse was founded in 1999 with the sole mission to provide unbiased financial education to people everywhere.
Today, it is the leading provider of unbiased financial education in the nation with customized programs that give people the tools to become financially secure and independent.
Check out our Daily Blog at http://www.financialfinesse.com/blog/
Find us at Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FinancialFinesse
Follow us on Twitter: @FinancialFiness