Policy Updates :
The price of the travel discount has been reduced from $20 to $10
The price of personal plot has been reduced from $80 to $70
Date : February 22-24th
Location :Crossroads Riverview Park, the only permanent Renaissance Faire village in Southern California. You can find more information about the park here.
Players may arrive on-site at 3pm.
Check in will begin at 5pm.
Game will begin as soon as at least 10 players have checked in
Cost: $50 ($25 for new players)
Personal Plot Cost: $70
Meal Plan: $20 (Free for NPCs) PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR RSVP IF YOU PLAN ON PARTICIPATING. See Description below.
Travel Discount : -$10
Note : The Travel Discount will apply to anyone traveling over 300 miles to the event. This amount can be used to reduce the price of the Personal Plot cost.
Food will be provided for those who buy into the meal plan. A menu will be listed in two weeks. If you do not wish to be a part of the meal plan please bring your own snacks and food. Propane grills will be available for cooking food and there will be a walk-in fridge to store food. Note that the cooking staff will have first shot over anyone else wanting to use the propane grill. Water will be provided for everyone. There are no open fires allowed, propane cooking only. Only game staff is allowed to go into the kitchen - there are absolutely no exceptions to this.
In game : We encourage Factions to prepare meals for themselves. For now, the typical restrictions of typical Guild deployment are ignored in light of the establishment of martial law over Isveld. Chosen are allowed to trade freely between Factions, including food - without the restrictions of Guild Law.
Snacks will be available in between meals. Note that these snacks are for the meal plan only; anyone caught helping themselves to snacks or the meal plan without paying for the plan or not being an NPC will be asked to leave the event. Zero tolerance.
Character Point award :
Based on your current character XP
New Character: 25xp
Character Less than 250xp: 14xp
-NPCs earn half the amount of xp they would have obtained if they were playing, but may pay half the event cost to receive full xp.
-New characters start at 150xp. Please see the Realms of Conflict rulebook at http://roclarp.com for more information.
Special Prerequisites :
*We would like to ask that all character backgrounds, downtime, and/or requests be sent in before February 15th. This will help us plan for your character to be involved in this exciting story and ensure our efforts to provide a more immersive and personal game for you. Anything received after that date may not be addressed at game, so please make this deadline.
* Character build, backgrounds and "downtime" are required in order to continue or start Questing. Send all character related information to [masked]
* You MUST RSVP on this Meetup event listing for us to get an accurate count. If you have no computer access, contact Rick at the Thursday Fighter's Guild practice.
Parking info - All vehicles are to be parked in front of the "village" proper, in the parking areas designated to the patrons during Faire season. Players and staff are allowed to drive their vehicles into the village anytime before listen-up (typically held between 5-8pm). After listen up and game starts, no further vehicles will be allowed access until game is over on Sunday. NPCs and Staff may be used to help people get their belongings in and out of the site if there is a need.
The Riverview Park is smack dab in the middle of a surburban spawl in Corona, California. It is minutes away from Corona Municipal Airport. There are over a dozen hotels within a 20 minute drive, and many places to eat.
Corona Municipal Airport - 1900 Aviation Drive Corona, CA 92880 (951)[masked] discovercorona.com
The Game Staff recognizes that many players will wish to indulge in creature comforts being so close to amenities that are not on site. We ask that you consider and plan carefully any time you will be off site. The game will not wait for you, there will be no one to catch you up in the midst of action. We plan on keeping characters who are not present at game tied to "the fate of the party". This means that if there is a Faction wipe, there may be dire consequences to certain characters who were off site during that time. There will be of course exceptions to this, mostly in light of people who have special conditions or needs that cannot be met with the amenities at hand on site.
At this time, if players sleep in their vehicles they are also considered "out of game", as if they were off site, and may not simply magically materialize to help their friends if they are woken up be the sounds of combat. We wish to respect the fact that certain people have made the efforts to bring some creature comforts and allow them to have them; but the fact remains that vehicles are considered out of game, and thus the people that reside in them. If a vehicle is to be considered an in game space, it must be accessible to Plot and NPCs. Check with Plot before game to get more information.
We ask that everyone help with keeping the immersion as high and constant as possible. We have an amazing site, and want to make the most of the level of immersion we are able to bring to our players! Basic campground etiquette applies, and then some - we would like to be able to use this site again!
*Everyone is expected to police their own trash.We will yellow or red card those that abuse the site in this fashion.
*Smoking areas and rules will be announced during listen up.
*There are several areas that are naturally conducive to a "faction style" encampment within the village. Camping outside of the village, or inside any of the buildings is not allowed.
* No vehicles may be parked inside the village once game starts. Players may sleep inside vehicles but "fate of the party" rules apply.
* No open fires are allowed, propane grills only.
* There is NO POTABLE OR NON POTABLE WATER ON SITE. We recommend bringing your own water for the event; the game is responsible only for provided drinking water for our Players and NPCs. The use of the water we bring to wash out dishes, etc. is not allowed. If you plan on cooking and need the ability to clean out dishes, you need to plan to bring the water to do so.
* There is limited electricity on site, however at the outlet locations the power is unlimited. We prefer that extension cords not be used over large areas - during combat they could get tripped on. Game staff is not responsible for supplying cords or electricity to campsites or Faction encampments.
* Additional rules may be added to this list prior or during the event as Game Staff sees fit.
Important things to bring...
* An open mind. This isn't a regular LARP. It is based on a European model and there are times where the conflict and parts of the story are being created completely between the Players themselves. If you aren't used to playing against your friends, this will be a challenge.
* A good attitude, especially in regards to critiques and problems that will always come up. We are here to have fun, adventure, and engage in the world we've created.
* Bring insect repellent and sun screen. It may be still HOT during the day. Hydrate!!!
* Bring warm clothing and layers! It may be COLD during the night. Be proactive and look up the weather to plan appropriately. Clothing should be designed to protect from the elements, including insects, poison ivy/oak, stinging nettles, sun, wind and rain! It's more important to stay comfortable during the entirety of the event than to expose yourself to elements that will make you uncomfortable, or worse - miserable.
* Change of clothing and the means to make a reasonable effort to stay clean! Moist toilettes, water and towels for a quick wipe down, deodorant, toothpaste and toothbrush - ALL are required to have the other players want to interact with you and for each of us to catch a bit of refreshment in the midst of this two day, combat and activity filled event.
* Good serviceable black boots or shoes (that can get dirty and have some tread - even a bit of water-proofing is good. NO OPEN-SHOES (i.e., sandals, flip flops)
* NPC garb if you plan on being one - (Black clothing, shirts and pants) and sweatshirts to wear under garb. Obviously, plan for the weather.
* If you are a PC, remember that you must supply your own food, buy into the Meal Plan, or make other arrangements. RoC provides free food for NPCs only.
Rick McCoy, Ken McFarland, and Tony Beavers
Owners - the Song of Evermore