Dystopia Rising is a post-apocalyptic Horror/Survival game that takes place 4-5 generations after "the Fall" of Mankind. Although the game is about a world after a devastating zombie plague, it's not centered around the undead, but the human condition, and the choices one must face in times of desperation and deprivation. In a world where everything and everyone is out to get you, who will YOU sacrifice?
The smoke drifting off camp fires in the distance have all but dissappeared. The ambient sounds of the lightly forested area have given way to almost complete silence. The silence before the storm.
During the conversation with Papa Deeks, aka, El Jefe - in which he gave the Survivors pause when he warned them about the upcoming "Drive-thru," he gave the Survivors the opportunity to work for him - in return he would offer his help in making the town safer to live in. As they hunker down at the Wall, the last place of defense before the Gate, they nervously await El Jefe's word on when to leave. Timing is critical, and as each day goes by the silence increases.
Soon, there is heard sounds in the forest. Sounds the Survivors know all too well. the quiet but steady tramping of the mindless undead...
Note : This game will be a siege game, and players will be required to camp in the amphitheater, commonly known as "The Wall." Although this game will become combat heavy, there will be plenty to do for those who don't swing or fire a weapon, so don't be discouraged! You never know what rare treats or plans or recipes you might miss!
Date : April 11th - 13th
Location : Koroneburg
Players may arrive on-site at 3pm.
Check in will begin at 5pm.
Cost : $45 (New players $20 with ticket!)
Pre-registration ends April 6th.
We will not be providing meals for this game. We ask that you bring food and water so that you don't have to leave site - as this interrupts immersion and flow of game. As this is a survival game, plan appropriately. We suggest food that is very easily prepared, food eaten on the go - we will not have a designated time to eat (game never shuts down). We also ask that all food look "period" (post apocalyptic). Basically, no fast food wrappers, soda cups. Canned food or canned beverages are okay. Canned food would have no paper wrappers (as in Firefly); you can use sand paper to rough up and "age" containers and cans.
Basic (and limited) snacks and drinks will be available to you for your NPC shifts.
NPC shifts are mandatory unless you buy the NPC buyout option. It will be listed for sale two days before the event. The standard shift is 4 hours long, and will be assigned by Logistics.
Special Prerequisites :
* We would like to ask that all character backgrounds and game write-ups from the previous event be sent in before April 6th. Send submissions to [masked] . Game write-ups allow the Story Telling team to take everything into account when planning the event, including elements of the game that may have been completely player driven and are not known to Staff.
* Have a copy of your character sheet ready at check in. Remember you may spend the XP you earn at this event, during the event itself. Please read the rules or speak to a member of Staff at the event if you should have any questions on how this works.
Parking info - There is no charge for parking. For this event parking may be in a different area.
The Game Staff recognizes that many players will wish to indulge in creature comforts with amenities that are not on site. We ask that you consider and plan carefully any time you will be off site. The game will not wait for you, there will be no one to catch you up in the midst of action.
At this time, if players sleep in their vehicles they are also considered "out of game", as if they were off site, and may not simply magically materialize to help their friends if they are woken up be the sounds of combat. We wish to respect the fact that certain people have made the efforts to bring some creature comforts (RVs and the like) and allow them to have them; but the fact remains that vehicles are considered out of game, and thus the people that reside in them. If a vehicle is to be considered an in game space, it must be accessible to the STs and Marshals. Check with Logistics before game to get more information.
We ask that everyone help with keeping the immersion as high and constant as possible.
Basic campground etiquette applies...
* Everyone is expected to police their own trash.
* Smoking areas and rules will be announced during listen up.
* No open fires are allowed, propane grills only.
Note that additional rules may be added to this list prior or during the event by Game Staff - if necessary.
* There is no potable water on site
* There are two rest rooms for the site, flush toilets
* Tent camping only, no buildings or perma-tents
* There is electricity on site, but it's use is limited to Staff. If you have questions, please check with Logistics.
Important things to bring...
* An open mind. This isn't a regular LARP. There are times where the conflict and parts of the story are being created completely between the Players themselves. If you aren't used to playing against your friends, this will be a challenge. This is balanced with the need to work together, just to survive.
* A good attitude, especially in regards to critiques and problems that will always come up. We are here to have fun, adventure, and engage in the world we've created.
* Bring insect repellent and sun screen. It may be still HOT during the day. Hydrate!!!
* Bring warm clothing and layers! It may be cold during the night. Be proactive and look up the weather to plan appropriately. Clothing should be designed to protect from the elements, including insects, poison ivy/oak, stinging nettles, sun, wind and rain! Because of the cold, it is critical to stay as dry as possible. It's more important to stay comfortable during the entirety of the event than to expose yourself to elements that will make you uncomfortable, or worse - miserable.
* Change of clothing and the means to make a reasonable effort to stay clean! Moist toilettes, water and towels for a quick wipe down, deodorant, toothpaste and toothbrush - ALL are required to have the other players want to interact with you and for each of us to catch a bit of refreshment in the midst of this two day, combat and activity filled event.
* Good serviceable black boots or shoes (that can get dirty and have some tread - even a bit of water-proofing is good. NO OPEN-SHOES (i.e., sandals, flip flops)
* NPC garb if you plan on being one - (Black clothing, shirts and pants) and sweatshirts to wear under garb. Obviously, plan for the weather.
* If you bring NPC clothing for you to wear during your shift (zed outfit, raider stuff), you will be awarded 5 AP, per complete costume, at check in! Please check in with Logistics to make sure you claim your award!
* Remember that you must supply your own food.
Rick McCoy, Ramsey Rickabaugh, and Basem Chaikhouni
Directors - El Dorado