LA Robotics Club Message Board › Arduino starter

Arduino starter

A former member
Post #: 5
I am very interested in the Arduino platform and would love some recommendations on kits to purchase.

Especially any kits that are robotics based. I'd eventually love to build an arduino quadrocopter but for starters would love to learn the platform.

I do have an engineering background. (data/telecommunications) I have some programming experience.

Regards
Annika O.
AnnikaSkywalker
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Post #: 1
I plan to add a wealth of information on all kits to the website (laroboticsclub.org). I have worked with both Arduino and Parallax and can give you much more info when we meet up. It really boils down to what you want to do that determines which is better and cheaper. If you're interested in purchasing let me know and I can point you in the direction of some sites that sell them a little cheaper.
A former member
Post #: 6
cool cool. Personally, my current goal is to build one of these: http://code.google.co...­ :)

I'd like to get a basic kit that will allow my son and I to build a ground based moving arduino controlled device fairly easily.

Yes, I am interested in purchasing something to get me started. :) I've been looking at several starter kits. Sparkfun has piqued my interest.

I look forward to a meetup!
A former member
Wow that project is so cool !

I was reading about arduino in many website, but did not realize the potential until I saw that aducopter.

Looking forward for the meetup.
A former member
That ArduCopter looks amazing. I'd love to help work on a project like that.

A really good Arduino kit for beginners that don't want to spend a whole lot is the Adafruit Budget Pack for Arduino

And another one that is great if you don't mind spending a little more this Basic Arduino Starter Pack

Adafruit is a great company. I've ordered from them more than once.

Also, for those that are new to code and want to get into Arduino, I recommend taking a look at this site: Modk.it
Noris
noris
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for the information. Will check the sites out.