LA Robotics Club Message Board › elecTRONic fashion

elecTRONic fashion

Annika O.
AnnikaSkywalker
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Post #: 4
I am planning a future meetup titled "elecTRONic fashion" where we go over all the different ways to incorporate lights, sensors and electronics into wearable clothing, jewelry, hats, etc. Any thoughts?
A former member
Post #: 6
I'm in! What should I bring?
Annika O.
AnnikaSkywalker
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Post #: 5
Well for now, I'd like to pool ideas and have everyone interested come up with something they think would look cool. Then when we meet, we could go over the actual plans for making our drawings a reality. :)

This is the brainstorm phase where no idea is thrown out.
A former member
Post #: 7
okay this is an idea I had...it's a detachable electronic shoulder pad, it's just leds mixed with metallic studs and a battery pack, but what if we added sensors or something...this shoulder pad is just one idea, I'm not stuck on it, of course we can also try leds/sensors on a t-shirt or jewelry as you mentioned.

I thought it be kind of cool to do some pieces under the "robotics" label, as an experiment in wearable tech mainly for aesthetics but also with a function, and show it for Spring 2011 just a thought...
below is a sketch I did for the shoulder pad

Annika O.
AnnikaSkywalker
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Post #: 6
That sounds pretty unique. A friend and I have already started adding lights to bikinis and bras and are working with lingerie, namely corsets. We are also working with the folks from the Burning Man crowd to get lightup winter wear, accessories and hulahoops.
A former member
Post #: 8
that sounds really cool, I'd love to see it! let me know when we can do a meeting on electronic fashion.
A former member
Post #: 2
This sounds amazing! I would be cool to see LED headbands and lights incororated in shoe designs! I would definitely be interested in this meet up, please let me know when you have more information!