addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

LA Robotics Club Message Board › Mentor Needed for Highschool Senior

Mentor Needed for Highschool Senior

A former member
Post #: 1
Sorry for the spam everyone.

My son Eric Dunniway is a high school senior in Simi Valley (taking all AP classes, and has straight A's - so is smart and hard working). He's currently been building Vex robots, and went to a robotics summer camp at Stanford a few months ago, and is programming in EasyC and Java. He's doing a senior project in robotics and needs a mentor.

I'm having trouble finding anyone who does robotics in the area. If anyone would volunteer or know someone who is interested, I would really appreciate it. The time commitment is pretty minimal actually.

They need to:
- Supervise and guide him through the project (Until around March next year)
- Help him determine the project and steps and a timeline.
- Check with him once a month and sign a log.
- Provide mentorship.
- Write a letter of recommendation at the end of the project and verify he did the work.

Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
Troy