addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

L.A. Street Photography Message Board › About Cameras and learning,,

About Cameras and learning,,

Chris F.
user 4616510
Group Organizer
West Covina, CA
Post #: 411
In street photography its all about the subject..

If you are a crappy shooter and you buy a 36 megapixel camera for the resolution,, what you end up with is crappy photos with a higher resolution,,

The magazines exist to sell you cameras. Don't buy into it.
I'm not saying don't buy that camera you've been dreaming about.
But like all things worth doing . photography requires study and hard work.
You have to get out there and do it.

When I was in school back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, and God was just a child . We had a Method we used .
We would choose a photographer whose style we admired,, And we would try to shoot in that style for a month.

Most of the great shooters of the past learned in the trenches ,,
They were self taught or learned in the military or in the field,,,
They used equipment that we see as collectable..

Can you imagine being in a war zone with a fully manual, 4X5 Speed Graphic?

Todays cheapest , most simple camera is far more advanced than anything the great photographers of the past had at their disposal. And their work is hanging in museums .

There are several "schools" of street photography and many styles and conceptualizations .. I come from a school of objective constructivism. Though its a conceit that I don't always hold to.

................... C