LA Web Design & Development Group Message Board › Web Designer position in DTLA. Join us!
Los Angeles, CA
Our Digital team is looking for a World-Class Web Designer. Please read the job description below and if you are interested or feel like the perfect fit for the role then please send your resume/online portfolio to me (email@example.com)
I look forward to hearing from you.
Transamerica is seeking a qualified Web Designer candidate in our newly formed enterprise online marketing group. This experienced, out-of-the box We Designer will work closely across Transamerica’s enterprise team strategists covering Social, Content, SEM, Display, Email etc.
The Enterprise team of graphic, web and user interface designers under the direction of our Creative Director
Transamerica’s business divisions like insurance, mutual funds and pension plans
With the single mindset of creating and assembling cutting edge online materials – on the web, smartphone, tablet – to maximize brand value, customer engagement and conversion.
With proven experience understanding various online behaviors and how to maximize brand impact as well as customer conversion with specific web, mobile and social techniques. To have an incredible web designer portfolio with typography, illustration, composition and color theory skills and have past online sites, apps and landing pages to demonstrate experience.
- Works closely with the Creative Director to ideate, present to the team and other business owners and execute cutting edge web/mobile designs incorporating vertical best practices and past experience.
- Works with data analyst, enterprise team and business owners to measure performance and optimize accordingly.
Contributes creatively within a collaborative, cross-functional team environment where we’ve all got each other’s back.
- Creates, manages and optimizes web pages, mobile/social experiences, contributes to mobile app guidelines and best practices – assists business unit as needed on a consultative basis.
- Monitors competitors and vertical best practices and incorporates into Transamerica work – must bring continuous new ideas for testing and optimizing.
- Strong working knowledge of various analytic tools such as heat mapping, A/B testing, multi-variant testing, landing page optimization tools etc.
- Ability to conceptualize and get buy-in on web/mobile/social tests.
- Conceptualizes and creates web design and layout for all online assets.
- Presents and explains web ideation and execution to digital enterprise team.
- Manages multiple projects at once and ensures enterprise and business unit deadlines are met.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BFA preferred or relevant work experience
- CSS, HTML5, Photoshop & Illustrator experience required, including familiarity of Frameworks, Grids and Responsive Design
- Must have no fewer than 3+ years of business online web design experience, preferably with an online agency or eCommerce company in the Greater Los Angeles area
- Awesome web designer in eCommerce or at an online agency, like when you show your boss your web conversion wins – she high fives you
- Comfortable in a deadline driven, fast-paced, results-oriented work environment where we’re always striving for ‘better’.
- Cultural fit is paramount – you must be able to get along with and work alongside your fellow team members.
- Great listening skills to collect ideas and synthesize them into amazing outputs.
- Proven experience you can show us online of your past web/mobile/social design work – including SEM landing pages, campaign landing pages, brand web work, social etc.
- Must be able to work with data analyst to understand company and each business division’s online funnel and conversion process in order to optimize designs, improve user experiences and increase online conversion and engagement.
- Energetic, positive, mature attitude that appreciates and digests constructive criticism and is able to incorporate business feedback in a constructive manner.
- Brings a fresh mindset to a vertical that sorely needs it and doesn’t mind the spotlight.
- Understands that getting customers to engage involves both killer design and data – seeks to understand the data drivers that result in winning design layout and execution.
Transamerica offers a competitive total compensation program. In addition, we offer an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, disability, life insurance, medical expense reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, pension and profit sharing 401(k).
Transamerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.