PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY!!
First ...if you have not already purchased your tickets for the 12:30 tour, it's too late! That tour time is sold out so you will not be able to join us. I believe there are still tickets available for an earlier start time in case you wish to go on your own.
Assuming you have already purchased your tickets, you should have received an email from the Los Angeles Conservancy with updated information. Here are the most important points from that email plus additional info:
- A panel discussion with three architects has been added for 1:30.
- Park and check in at Westminster Avenue Elementary School at 1010 Abbot Kinney Blvd, 90291. (Be sure to exit the school parking lot by 4:30 or you will be locked in!)
- This is a walking tour and there may be a wait at some of the sites so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
- In order to complete the tour, there will be no time to grab a bite so have lunch before you come. If we feel like it, we may decide to go for food and/or drink afterwards.
- Restrooms are available only at Westminster Avenue Elementary School.
We will meet up at 12:15 at check-in. I will be carrying the blue LAWS umbrella so you should have no trouble finding me.
IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND THIS EVENT, PLEASE CHANGE YOUR RSVP TO 'NO'.
In connection with the ongoing Pacific Standard Time Presents: Modern Architecture in L.A., we are going on an expedition, co-sponsored by the L.A. Conservancy, to experience modern architecture in Venice.
"Affordable land, a culture of creativity, and an open-minded community made Venice of the 1970s and ’80s the right place and the right time for experimental young architects to cut their teeth on new designs using unorthodox materials in limited spaces. The result is an impressive collection of surprising, whimsical, and innovative modern structures, often in collaboration with artists, by architectural greats like Frederick Fisher, Frank Gehry, Steven Ehrlich, Frank Israel, and many others."
IMPORTANT: BE SURE TO PURCHASE TICKETS FOR THE 12:30 TOUR!!! READ ON CAREFULLY!
Tickets are $35 ($30 if you're a Conservancy member). Buy them NOW at the following link. These tours are likely to sell out quickly so don't wait!
Tickets link: https://secure2.convio.net/lac/site/Ecommerce/592390149?VIEW_PRODUCT=true&product_id=11006&store_id=1601
Here's how the tour will work. We will meet up at noon to be sure we all connect with each other. Our tour will begin at 12:30. Then, according to the Conservancy's website ...
- This is a collection of docent-led tours, not a bus tour.
- You’ll park and check in at Westminster Avenue Elementary School, then walk to each site, where you will receive a docent-led tour.
- Seeing all sites will take about 3 hours.
- Start at the time you select when purchasing tickets, and visit the sites in any order you like, though all tours will end promptly at 4:00.
- Photography may be limited in some interiors.
- Restrooms will only be available at Westminster Avenue Elementary School.
More here: https://secure2.convio.net/lac/site/Ecommerce?VIEW_DEFAULT=true&store_id=1601&JServSessionIdr004=6xd623vc32.app210a
Hope you can join us!