|Sent on:||Friday, December 21, 2012 9:08 AM|
Based in Santa Monica, CA, bLife Inc. is a newly funded company backed by one of the most respected Silicon Valley VC firms. Founded by successful entrepreneurs and supported by some of the world’s leading social, behavioral, and cognitive scientists, bLife is focused on developing a wellbeing platform. (We are guilty as charged, we want to change the world for the better.)
We are seeking an Application Engineer who has the following characteristics:
● Able to come up to speed very quickly.
● Able to work with stakeholders within the company and lead app development.
● Has a strong understanding of appropriate design practices and principles and how/when to apply them.
● Can skilfully mix elegance with practicality.
● Detail-oriented and a “closer.”
Your responsibilities as our Application Engineer include the following:
● Collaborate around the creation of new and existing features.
● Craft and maintain rich applications for both the Web and Mobile Web.
● Implement beautiful user interfaces.
We would like to see the following experience from you:
● B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent.
● Fluent with jQuery or similar frameworks, jQueryMobile, LESS or Sass
● Web Services (REST/JSON)
● Test driven development and experience with RSpec, Cucumber, etc.
● Passion for implementing beautiful user interfaces
● Expert ability to get things done on a small team.
● Bonus points (but not required): iOS SDK and/or Android SDK and related technologies (PhoneGap)
● 5+ years professional experience
● Highly desirable:
○ Ruby and Rails
○ Data structures and database concepts, algorithms, design, extensibility
○ Redis and other NoSQL technologies
Please send your resume to [address removed].
[masked] | [address removed]