LAWebSpeed Message Board › Mobile Startup Near Santa Monica/LA Seeks Ruby Coder
|A former member||
I am more than the messenger - this is for a startup that I advise. If you apply, your application goes straight to the team.
We are seeking a passionate, talented senior level Ruby software engineer to join the team responsible for the #1 taxi app. You will be responsible for building and maintaining the Ruby on Rails server applications that power our mobile, web, and SMS ground transportation applications. The ideal person is someone with at least 3 years of backend development experience involving Ruby on Rails and a BS in Computer Science.
• Building and maintaining Ruby on Rails server applications that power our mobile, web, and SMS ground transportation applications.
• Working closely with the product owners, QA, designers and engineers in agile software engineering teams.
• Building software interfaces with third parties using techniques such as REST, XML/HTTP, JSON/HTTP, SOAP, and ZeroMQ.
• Working with the team to discuss and build new product features.
• SQL and data modeling
• Minimum of 5 years experience on high performance backend web software.
• Experience working with Agile processes like XP, Scrum, Kanban, or Lean.
• Ability to effectively communicate with business teams and engineering
• Passion about software engineering
• Interest in working in the ground transportation space
• Consumer software experience
• Working with distributed team members
• Experience with reservation systems and credit processing
• Ping Pong
Our flagship product is Taxi Magic, the award-winning electronic booking service that allows consumers and business travelers to quickly and easily book a ride with over 75 taxi fleets across North America. We also develop Taxi Magic TV, an in-taxi console that provides entertainment content, place-based media, and credit card payment for taxi passengers. Our latest product, Sedan Magic, is launching soon.
Based in Alexandria, VA and part of the Washington DC startup community, RideCharge is a well-funded mobile software company with over $20M in funding from strategic and financial investors. Our growing team of over thirty full-time employees is dedicated to revolutionizing the travel industry, while building a great, lasting company in the process. We work hard and have fun together. New team members have the opportunity to contribute ideas and efforts that decide the future success of the company. We are building a diverse, high-performance team dedicated to revolutionizing local travel and making life easier.
For more information please visit taximagic.com.
Why Work at RideCharge?
Mobile technology is rapidly changing how people interact with the world around them. RideCharge is a fast-growing software startup dedicated to extending mobile technology and innovation to ground transportation industries, making travel more convenient and reliable for millions of customers. We share a broad vision for the future of local travel: Rides, when you need them, booked and delivered seamlessly, serviced by great partners.
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Semi-flexible hours
• 3 weeks paid vacation and 8 holidays
• 401(k) with company match
• Health insurance
• Health Savings Account with company contribution
• Dependent Care FSA Plan
• Long Term Disability insurance
• Cutting edge employee technology
• Free beverages
• Regularly catered lunches
• Monthly company Happy Hours (sponsored by Heineken)
• Startup office environment (casual dress, canine co-workers, ping pong, etc.)
Please share your resume and cover letter with us using the Apply option below and we will take it from there. Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis. Due to the large number of responses, replies will only be sent to candidates selected for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
Use this URL to apply: https://sortiq.com/jo...