addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Los Angeles Brits Meetup Message Board › With Regards to Supporting this Community and Our Lives

With Regards to Supporting this Community and Our Lives

Alexandra S.
user 3158944
Santa Monica, CA
Post #: 44
Dear Fellow Brits,
It has come to my attention that some of you seem not to want to have any real involvement with the people in this group and I would like to clarify my personal position (this is my own position) as a long standing member of this group and one of the near original Organizers of it.

We are here to create community. A community of SUPPORTIVE people, who care about each other, connect with each other, and appreciate each other. Some of us are musicians, some writers, some just people who need an ear from time to time. This group started as a way to make friends, to connect with fellow Brits Ex-Pats and share the things that make us US.

So, if from time to time someone posts that they are doing a gig and want people to come, have a movie premier or a project they want to let you know about...Isn't this really what we are here for? And if not, WHY, I ask you, ARE YOU HERE? To just be a member of a "group"?

If all you want is to come to events and parties and not really be part of this "community", than maybe we're not for you.

My position is this...I have been here for people for more than 8 years now. Those of who are your organizers, organize events without any compensation to give YOU a chance to find community and friendship. We work on YOUR behalf and we SUPPORT YOU. So as members of a community, I personally ask you to think about why you are here and show support for this group and the people in it.

Thank you ALL who have been part of this group, are friends because of this group, I honor you for it!!
My Sincere Thanks,
Alexandra

P.S. This is my own personal stance, other organizers may feel otherwise.
Also, I would request in future, if you have an issue with a post or something that is an issue for the Organizers, please get in touch with us directly, instead of posting to the group first. We certainly honor right to speak freely, but some things are better brought to direct attention first. Thank you.