Welcome to the LA Beach Volleyball (LABV) Meetup - now in our 8th year! We play every Saturday (year-round). Our secret (Marina Del Rey-ish) location has free parking, many nets, good music, and nice bathrooms close by. We get approximately 60 to 100 people on any given weekend, so you can play volleyball at skill levels ranging from beginner 4s to advanced 2s. Unlike other groups- we absolutely do not discriminate! All skill levels are welcome! We are often described as a "HUGE beach party" - and I think that's pretty accurate!
See the "Pages" link to get answers to anything not covered below:
Free to join between now and May 25, 2016.
** BEGINNING May 25, 2016 we will change to an Annual fee of $12 for ALL MEMBERS to be in this group**
We will refund your $12 at the beach if you decide not to continue on your first day...
Fine Print: You must become a LABV member to find out where we play, and you must RSVP on our meetup site every week you wish to play. Also you must have a photo of yourself (not your pet or whatever) to become a member. I try to answer all the usual questions in the "Pages" link or in here, so I'm sorry but I just can't respond to emails asking questions already covered.
Our group has 2 different levels of play on Saturdays -
------- A 12:00 noon group open to ALL SKILL LEVELS (which plays 3's and 4's)
------- A 8:30am to 12:30pm doubles group open to ADVANCED and HIGH-INTERMEDIATE PLAYERS
1. All skill levels are welcome to our 12:00 noon group. We still maintain a fairly high level of play, but we also will not discriminate against you if you are a beginner. This means more experienced players will be expected to play with beginners from time to time. We are first and foremost a SOCIAL group, not a competitive group.
2. The money you pay to be in this group will go to equipment for the group and special events we provide from time to time.
3. We are pretty liberal on the rules of our games in our all-levels 12:00 noon group. Please understand that certain CBVA violations - like hand-setting a serve or lightly grazing the net during play - are going to be allowed in the 12:00 noon group. The 8:30am doubles group is much more strict on the rules.
4. If you eat the snacks, you should also occasionally bring snacks! Also, there are many restaurants nearby for post-game noshing!
5. NO stalking or other soap-opera drama! Let's remember this is a friendly group environment, not a single's bar. Complaints against members causing drama will result in removal from the group.
6. Good sportsmanship only!
11,567 Awesome people
1,183 Santa Monica Socials
146 Volleyball Players