A former member
Post #: 17
I'd like to start a Recommended Reading list for those interested in Pagan faiths. If you've read a book that was very helpful to you at any point along your path, whether you were just starting out or continuing your journey in faith, please list it here by title, subject, and author so that others may benefit. Here are a few of my favorites:

-Books on Wicca-

WICCA FOR LIFE - Raymond Buckland

From Amazon.com reader (Boudica) review:
"His newest release "Wicca for Life" seems to be Mr. Buckland's new version of the "Big Blue Book" [Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft] and is presented in a much more dignified and sedate package than his famous "blue pentacle" covered book.

The material has matured also. Mr. Buckland covers everything from the history of witchcraft to initiations to spells and rituals to death. There is a lot of new material here that was not in the blue book. The craft is brought into the 21st century and Mr. Buckland is just the person to do it.

It is well put together, simply explained, and covers a lot of ground. Though the book appears at first to be a handbook for the beginner, it reads more like a reference book for those who are already walking the path. Mr. Buckland still approaches Witchcraft as a religion of "initiation" and there is no differentiation between Wicca and Witchcraft. But his theology on Wicca is solid. Mr. Buckland has always been a Traditional Wiccan, with his own brand being a variation on the Gardnarian Tradition. While the book is geared towards the traditional, there is a lot to read, absorb and learn from in this book for anyone walking the Wiccan Path."

Urban Primitive: Paganism in the Concrete Jungle - Raven Kaldera & Tannin Schwarzstein

From Publishers Weekly:
"When people think of Wicca, say authors Raven Kaldera and Tannin Schwartzstein, they tend to conjure images of bucolic festivals, dryadic rituals and flower-wreathed maidens. In other words, the public mind associates paganism with the seasons and the countryside. But that's only a part of the picture. In The Urban Primitive: Paganism in the Concrete Jungle, Kaldera and Schwartzstein contend that modern neo-paganism is actually an urban-based movement, and they offer specific rituals and hints on living in the city. Here, readers will learn how to use magick to find an elusive parking space, understand the symbolic meaning of various body piercings and discover spells for unearthing treasures in a junkyard. There is even a chapter on the magickal properties of urban weeds such as bittersweet, dandelion, kudzu (who knew?) and ragweed. The tone is brassy and hip, with comic-book style illustrations and cartoons. Concerning graffiti, for example, the authors claim that 'any or all naked women or female body parts, no matter how badly drawn, are figures of the Goddess and thus can be invoked for her protection. Consider it to be a work of reclaiming.'"

Spirit of the Witch: Religion & Spirituality in Contemporary Witchcraft - Raven Grimassi

From Lewellyn's website:
"In this one-of-a-kind guidebook, award-winning Wiccan author and scholar Raven Grimassi presents an insightful portrait of the spirit of the Witch. He explores the spiritual element of the rituals, practices, and beliefs of Witchcraft, and how these elements apply not only to the seasons of nature, but also to the mystical seasons of the soul. "
A former member
Post #: 6
This is good stuff..Thank You
A former member
Post #: 23
I also mentioned another book this week, and wanted to post the corrected information.

City Magick
By Christoper Penczak

A guide to the rich spiritual spectrum and dynamic forces that are at work within the urban environment. Discusses the basics of magic and how to practice truly effective magic in the city, when most instruction is based on the more pastoral setting of the woods and traditional "natural" settings.
A former member
Post #: 1
Druid Magic by Maya Sutton PHD and Nicholas Mann

This book is part of the start of my pagan path. The book has 20 practical
chapters on druid (oak wise) magic. As a practical and scientific man who values
nature and working with it, I am pleased to find a path and information
that fits me. I have only read a few chapters and am practicing the
spiritual exercises in it. The magic of intention and the possible
(and not impossible or miracles) has been working for me.

I have set up a shrine and practice the Heron pose meditation described
in the book.

There is a wealth of practices and information for me to learn about.

This book is available at Peter Gascon's bookstore MAJICK.
A former member
Post #: 29
Wicca for One by Raymond Buckland
This is also a very good book. He gives a lot of validation to Solitary Wicca.