addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
Post #: 1
Wow it was great to meet you all and I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone again next month. As I was saying tonight I'm open to trading and sharing the different plant that I tend to at home. And if you can't grow them just let me know if you need a few sprigs of this or that and you are more then welcome to stop by to pick up this or that or I'll just bring some to the next meeting.

Plus if you raise your own herbs please post them here so we can all see what's out there.

Yarrow (great for clotting blood, and breaking fevers)
Belladona - deadly nightshade (boils, sleeplessness, and has beautiful flowers CAUTION- DEADLY)
Mint (makes a great tea and helps digestions)
Aloe (duh)
Wormwood - Artemisia absinthium (ease indigestian, great antiseptic many others)
Chamiomile (makes a great tea to help destress and aids sleep)
Mandrake - madragora officinarum ( is is dormant now for some odd reason but I will let everyone know when it's ready to split/harvest)
Julie J.
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 20
John- Didnt realise that my response on the mailing list wouldnt go to the whole group--thanks for letting me know! Here, then is my reply for posterity:

Hi John-

Great idea. I grow the following:

Yarrow (great for everything. I love yarrow. A wonderful protector). White flowered and a really powerful pink flowered form
Lemon Verbena
Milkweed (A. tuberosa)
White sage
Lemon Balm
Hummingbird Sage
Cleveland Sage
Blue Sage
Bronze Fennel
California native rose
Mugwort (Artemesia douglasiana)
Aloe (As John said: Duh!)
Sassafras (still a baby, nt yet ready to give out, but hopefully soon!)
perilla (red)
He shou wu (though it needs to be cured before use, and is an amazingly rapidly growing vine-dont grow unless you really want it!)
Loquat (leaf used in TCM)
Sagebrush (Artemesia tridentata)

If you want starts of any of these, I'm happy to provide them. I also make tinctures/oils of many of them, and have some dried (thoguh usually just enough for my uses, some plants are very prolific and I'm happy to share).

Hope to meet you all next month!

Be well

Julie J.
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 21
Oops-forgot some. And really, people, if you want some of these plants to come live wiht you, I'm very happy to give them new homes.

Oregon Grape
Yerba Buena (not spearmint, which is commonly called the same. This is the "real" stuff--not that spearmint is less real ;-))
A former member
Post #: 2
If your going to the may 23rd meeting, would you be wiiling to give me some Oregon Grape and Lemon Balm?
smilethank you