LGBTQI Christian Network Message Board GLBT Christians Discussion Forum › and what about our pets?

and what about our pets?

A former member
Post #: 7
and what about our pets? discussion? comments?
A former member
Post #: 8
Thanks Doug !!! smile
You have made this transition much easier for me.
Dad's ashes were buried a few weeks ago and we gathered when the stone was put in, visited with each other and each of us shared some fond memories of him when he was alive.
Mindy was cremated yesterday. She is with him now. Well, that's what I believe at least. I know some may disagree. But I would like to think of them together.

My stone is already set, right next to my father and mother. Although it was a bit creepy writing my own, it was somewhat comforting to complete it myself.

Thank you for for all of your kindness especially today.

A former member
Post #: 1

You are very welcome, Jim. smile
Anytime we lose a loved one, the barrier between this life and the next feels that much closer.
Not in a negative way, but in a way that makes the bonds more spiritual;
and the curtain between the the living and the dead more indelible.
It was beautiful that all of you were able to share a fond memory of your dad.
I keep in mind the service for my own father, 3 years ago, when we all had some small memory or story about him. My story was how I would shave him in the morning as he was dying. He would joke that I should shave his head too.
Mindy is running and playing again...her spirit (also) continues it's journey.

I am sending all my best thoughts and prayers in the meantime. Doug

PS: Sometimes it can be amazing how much we take for granted...I am guilty of it too.