Great Places to Paddle
Thank you to all for coming out and sharing your favorite spots!
We’ll keep adding to the list…so when you find that favorite spot worth talking about…let us know!
There seemed to be a lot of overlap with everyone on liking the Fox River. Some of the favorite launches included:
• Fox River Grove Picnic Grove. Sandy Beach put in.
• Buffalo Park
• Fox River Shores
• Voyaguers Landing (if water level is high, you can have a surprise treat of accessing Tyler Creek, near Judson college).
• John Duerr Forest Preserve
• Ferson Creek (St. Charles) Start at Bolcum Road to Leroy Oaks or to the Fox.
(hazards as you continue to the Fox…deadfall.)
Keystone to Pioneer Park or Spring Grove
Kishwaukee River (near Rockford)
Other places Near & Far:
• Rock Cut State Park
• The Hollows (Cary)…small but clear, springfed.
• Busse Woods
• Bangs Lake (Wauconda)
• Wisconsin River…sandbar camping
• Apostle Islands
• Crystal River, FL
• San Juan Islands, WA
• Traverse City, MI
• Blue River, So Indiana
• Sylvania Wilderness (near Watersmeet, MI)
Remember, certain launches may require a launch fee or special permit.
Always practice safe boating!
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About L.L.Bean of South Barrington Outing and Adventure Club||April 30, 2014 3:36 PM||Jeanie|