LONDON CITY DINING CLUB Message Board › Suggested Venue For a Meetup

Suggested Venue For a Meetup

A former member
Post #: 401
Hi

I organise several Scandinavian language Meetups.

Usually we congregate at a pub but recently about 20 of us met here http://www.farhanatak...­ .

The owner, Foruk, gave us exclusive use of his small Indian cafe - We even got to bring our own music.

It was an extremely good night and the food was excellent with large portions.

Rather than limit it to a fixed menu, everyone chose their own dishes. Normally, at most restaurants, this would have meant a long delay getting served. Our solution was that people were seated and their order taken as soon as they arrived. As people finished eating, everyone got up and mixed and mingled, rather than being glued to their seats, which is often what happens when everyone eats at exactly the same time.

The restaurant was also very helpful in not demanding a deposit upfront. They even gave each person or table an individual bill.

Anyway, if you are looking for somewhere to hold a meetup I can heatily recommend this place.

Regards

Mike Starr

PS And just in case you are wondering, I have no connection whatsoever with this restaurant apart from being a big fan !