The Literary RPG Society of Westchester Message Board › Role and Military Simulations Players Scenarios

Role and Military Simulations Players Scenarios

Tom Monty S.
user 91679312
New York, NY
Post #: 2
Good Afternoon all.
My name is Tom Sutton. However, even my wife and kids call me Monty these days.
I am a Scenario Writer of Military Simulations games with over 10 years of experience in produucing those games.

I am also a great fan of Role playing.

About 4 years ago i developed an hybrid of military Simulation that relied heavily on Role playing and getting into character.

Its a new concept anm in a state of cross over now. I try to get at least 30 Role Players onto the field at each game. especially my flag ship scenario. Operation Reality Check.

OPRC the scenarios are a lott of fun, theyuse a set of rules that i developed from LARP rules as well as Airsoft/Mil-Sim gaming. I have combuined this with my time in the British Army to provide some very realistic scenario play. Riots, mass casualties, an insurgent population, my wife Sherry is the Mayor of the Quati's (An indigenous African People who learned Englishg from a CalfornioanStoner and his collection oof classic Sci-fi. Yes, they speak in Science Fiction)

The COPPIG Police force has thier ownn rules and regulations and I also provide a game script.

This year I am in desperate need of NPCs and game reporters. The game as grown to the point where those wishing to partake from the Airsoft Community have simply become to few.

Operation RC 1 started as a 24 Hour Game with 32 Mil-Sim Players (MSPs) and 6 role Players

The Roster for August 10th's Operation Reality Check 4 is 132 MSPs and 51 NPCs.

I am also more than aware that the similarities betweeen LARP and Mil-sim are quite remarkable. We use red rags and you use whiite headbands. Apart from that we just find more fun ways to kill each other for fun. LOL

I offer a free scenario, free camping and a great time for anyone wishiong to attend as an NPC.

There are only 9 spots available for June 22nd's Operation Testament, but I have a huge open Roster for August 10th.

Both events take Place at Ground Zero Airsoft in Wolcott CT.

Please visit our website art www.operationrealitycheck.com

We are also aware that as more NPCs are needed, the more their characters grow. We are currently writing a handbook for NPCs on the webbsite and any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

with thanks

Monty
Mark
VBWyrde
Group Organizer
White Plains, NY
Post #: 153
Hi Monty,
This sounds pretty darn awesome. How's the recruiting going? I hope you're getting the message out and that people are responding. As for myself, I don't know if I can attend, unfortunately, but there may be many others in the area who will want to participate. I have a couple of recommendations for you, though. 1) spell check this post. 2) re-post this to the following three meetups: Westchester Area RPG Society, Westchester Geeks, and the Westchester Gaming Group. Spell check first though. ;)

Anyway, very best wishes on this project! It sounds awesome!