2311 State Rd, La Crosse, WI
We selected our next book selection at our last gathering. I apologize for getting it posted so late....we will be reading, "The Immortal Life of Hennrietta Lacks." You can find more information about the book here: http://www.amazon.com/The-Immortal-Life-Henrietta-Lacks/dp/1400052181.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions!
Also, at our next meeting we will be discussing having a new leader transition into the organizer position. The main responsibilities of an organizer are:
1) Determine how to pay the fee to use the meetup.com site (I have paid this fee for the last year BUT there are several options to pay this fee)
2) Greet new book club members
3) Post the next book along with the date and location of the gathering
4) Monitor the discussion board and direct questions as appropriate or offer feedback on the book, etc.
5) Other (organize movie gatherings, other events, etc.)
I really hope someone is willing to take over as organizer. I have enjoyed seeing this group grow and would hate to see it dissolve. If you have questions about the role of organizer, please send me a message!
See you all in a few weeks,
0 · February 2, 2014