Toronto's 25-40 Social Message Board › RE: A Night of Dancing **IMPORTANT TO ALL MEMBERS AS IT AFFECTS YOU TOO**

RE: A Night of Dancing **IMPORTANT TO ALL MEMBERS AS IT AFFECTS YOU TOO**

Mauricio
Ago_Vino_Veritas
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Hello Gang, We had a great night on Saturday! And I wanted to thank all of those who came since it was a fun. Heck, after our late, late dinner, I think we finally made it home around 4AM! Damn! ...And I will posting the photos soon.

However, there was the issue of no-shows. Simply put, I have been overly easy going as of late since I understand that sometimes "life happens' and it had not been a problem for a while and generally it is hardly is an issue. But it seems that when I am easy going a few members take advantage of it and I want to nip it in the bud. But I do not think people understands its affects the group not only to those who do show up but also how it reflects on us to the venue. It becomes harder for me to book it in the future! As they may opt to NOT take my reservation. And to be honest I do not blame them. When I make a reservation they want the closest to the exact number of people possible and on Saturday we off by 12 people.

Now, it's been over 24 hours since TFO's @ The Croc, so those who had RSVPed but were victims to "life happens" could have been polite and sent me a one sentence email telling 'why' they could not make it and why they ditched everyone. Which they have not, so I can only but assume that they didn't just didn't feel like it. Now, since all they had to do was change their RSVP by clicking on it, which is a 3 second affair to let us know they weren't/couldn't come, then perhaps you are not committed and as such I have the right to remove you. Pretty straight forward.

So unfortunately, until further notice. I am will be going with the "one (1) strike you are out" rule, remember this. I do not want to get an email 2 days AFTER I REMOVED YOU telling me that you forgot, or that your friend's pet cat was sick and that you had to go with them to the vet or that "you had a bad hair day!"(these are actual excuses told to me, by the way). Honestly, I do not have the time to do a "3 strike you are out scheme," our network is over 4300 members and I do not have the manpower to track everyone. That would be a full-time job AND we are all adults here too. And I feel as if I would be treating people like children with the three strike thing.

So to those 4 from this group who did not show up last Saturday, you will be removed in a few minutes. I know that some of you might think that I am being harsh but seriously, I cannot emphasize the fact enough that we are adults, most of us with computers at home/work, smartphones and overall internet access. Changing a RSVP is quick and not hard. And if you get sick (or lazy), you normally would email your friends to let them know and not just ditch them. These are just normal social interactions & conventions.

My thanks and apologies for the long email but I had to cover a lot of things. Please remember, I am not upset about people not showing gang, I do not take it personally, however I cannot afford to have it become a problem as it could affect our selection of venues in the future and our overall cool vibe. So, cheers, and I am looking forward to the next event! Hope you have a great week! :-)

-Mauricio

Your Organizer.

PS:. If you have any questions feel free to email me. You can also post, give feedback on this email on the message board, there will be an item for you to post your thoughts in our forum and message board.
Mauricio
Ago_Vino_Veritas
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1,863
Oh, and my apologies for my horrible grammar, guess I wrote too fast! :-( But I think the message gets across. -M.