addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Toronto's 25-40 Social Message Board › New Event: Introduction To Photography

New Event: Introduction To Photography

Mauricio
Ago_Vino_Veritas
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Announcing a new Meetup for Toronto's 25-40 Social!

What: Introduction To Photography
When: Saturday, May 28, 2011 2:00 PM

Price: CAD10.00 per shutterbug.

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

Hello everyone!

This has been requested by a few of you, so, now that the weather is bound to be our side, it is time for the shutterbugs to come out! Let's enjoy the outdoors!

Did you buy a DSLR, got all excited and the thing ended up being left at home because of it's weight? Not to sure how to use the thing beyond automatic settings? Or simply put, you want to improve your technique and begin taking advantage of what you got? Well, now is your chance to let your creativity shine! Plus you will have the chance to meet like minded individuals in a laid-back environment and have fun while learning!

What will we be doing? We will be covering some of the Photography basics:

1 -) Shutter Speed

2 -) f-stops? f-what?

3 -) Understanding your censor and ISO

4 -) Tips on Metering and how it can improve your photography & dramatic effect

5 -) Jpeg vs Raw: Workflow and post-work, if you are serious, it matters.

As we get closer to the date (so in a few days) I will post more information on location and whether we should also have lunch before we do this or if we should make it a stand alone outing.

Now, what will I need from you? Two things:

One, bring a pen and paper to write on. Even the basics can get confusing, if you questions, and as a way to keep some of the info for later reference.

Two, if you are coming, I need to you write down on your RSVP which brand of camera/model & lenses you will be bringing. If you have a prime lens (check here) then bring that first and foremost over zoom lenses*.

Many of you know my photography but for those who do not and would like to see some of my work, simply click on the photo section of our group and for non-Toronto Friends work, here about a 100 samples. :-)

It will be fun!

-Mauricio

Your Organizer

Extra notes:

* Unless of course you have a fixed prime zoom lens (fixed-focal-length) then bring just that, like the Canon 28-105m f4 L for example.

* Now this event is focused on DSLR users, however if you have a pretty top of the line digital point and shot, then you too are welcome. Advanced point and shoots --with available manual features or advanced systems include the Canon A-Series, Canon G-Series and Micro Four Thirds systems like the Sony NEX-series or the Panasonic G1/G2 series.

Check it out!